Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Tuesday 5/4 - Opening Night, Long Overdue!

Who puts Jace Peterson in cleanup in your opening day lineup? Thats like putting Kotsay in CF during a playoff game. Silly.

It's AAA and he's not really blocking or taking at bats away from any legitimate prospects so who gives a you know what? And he's a decent hitter, especially in the minors.

He's got a .780 OPS in the majors this year! The more hitting falls off in the majors, the better Peterson's lifetime .650 OPS looks.

Westbrook with a big game, has been playing in the minors a long time but still only 25. Has been a few years since he played 2b but that is where the Brewers put him. If he could play the left side of the infield would like his chances of being called up by the Brewers at some point but tough being 2b/LF.

Was intrigued after seeing he had a big game and isn't a 30-something roster filler. Put up good offensive numbers the past two full seasons in AA/AAA as well. One to watch, though as you note it would be an easier path if he could play third (or first, which at 5'9" can be ruled out).

Had a lot of fun getting to know him while he was at the alternate site. I had a running bet with him that I'd give him $10 if he hit a home run in one of the simulated games when I was there...which he didn't all month. Messaged him today and he said he accepts Venmo haha.

Archived