Brewer Fanatic

Craig Counsell at 1B?

Vogelbach has been awful offensively and should be DFA asap.

I'd rather see McKinney or even Nottingham batting and playing 1B than Vogelbach.

They should give Vogelbach's roster spot to Jace Peterson when he returns from IL.

It could be worse. According to MLB.com's numbers, Brewer 1B are batting .183/.276/.330/.607 so far this season. Believe it or not, the .607 OPS ranks them 23rd.

It gives me great pleasure to report that the Yankees sit dead last in 1B OPS. .151/.250/.264/.514.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It could be worse. According to MLB.com's numbers, Brewer 1B are batting .183/.276/.330/.607 so far this season. Believe it or not, the .607 OPS ranks them 23rd.

It gives me great pleasure to report that the Yankees sit dead last in 1B OPS. .151/.250/.264/.514.

Aaron Boone at 1B?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

What I love about this post is that this account was created 3+ years ago, so this young man is a longtime lurker. So much has happened since then that he has not felt strongly enough to post about, and the cherry gets popped calling for our manager to start at 1st over Vogelbach. Well done, sir.

Archived