Brewer Fanatic

keston hiura optioned

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably a question for djoctagone, so i'll avoid the shift key.

if he stays down a while, is there a chance that his first arby year would be pushed back? i can never remember how that works. kelenic also got optioned by the mariners today, that's why service time popped into my head.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Needs to stay down until he gets his contact rate at a respectable percentage regardless of whatever else he does
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

There’s a decent chance that Keston has played his last game for the Milwaukee Brewers. I bet we flip him for a bullpen arm at the deadline.

I'll take that bet!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

There’s a decent chance that Keston has played his last game for the Milwaukee Brewers. I bet we flip him for a bullpen arm at the deadline.

When his trade value is at absolute rock bottom? Man I don’t know. Probably better off hoping he somehow turns things around.

probably a question for djoctagone, so i'll avoid the shift key.

if he stays down a while, is there a chance that his first arby year would be pushed back? i can never remember how that works. kelenic also got optioned by the mariners today, that's why service time popped into my head.

Kind of hard to say because he could be optioned next year as well which could push arbitration back another year but not likely as he started the year at 1.114. If he stayed in the minors the rest of the year they would gain a year of team control but if he stayed in the minors that long I doubt he would be in their future plans.

Community Moderator

When his trade value is at absolute rock bottom? Man I don’t know. Probably better off hoping he somehow turns things around.

I suppose it depends on A)whether the org thinks there's a chance that there's a higher value left to rebound to or B) whether the rest of the league still sees value in him.

Personally, I'd be ultra-interested a swap for a guy like Jo Adell as someone suggested elsewhere if the Angels have soured on him. LA has the benefit of the DH, which is where Keston likely belongs....

The guy is just flat out not the same hitter as 2019. He missing everything right in the middle and upper middle of the zone. I think his launch angle is just about the same so something else going on. I guess the zone is a little higher than it was 2 years ago but that doesn't explain the stuff right down the middle.

U4SdIpd.png?1

FkK1TQA.png?1

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Hiura is going to have to completely revamp his swing in order to be successful. Doing away with the high leg kick and uppercut swing would be all I would work on the rest of the year with him. Sara Goodrum should be living in Nashville while he's down there.

A trade that might make some sense is Hiura + for Mancini. While a cult favorite in Baltimore, they would probably do well to move Mancini, especially if they believe they can fix Hiura. Hiura would fit their anticipated competitive window much better than the 29 year old Mancini.

I'm no scout but his swing looks way different in these clips:

I'll take that bet!

A bullpen arm would be disappointing, but I would not be surprised to see him dealt. His value has absolutely tanked. Better to sell low than get nothing.

If I’m Taylor I’m asking CC if I can work at first base before games……just to see if he has an aptitude for it…..likely a long shot but when Cain returns that would be his clearest path for staying in the majors.

If CC hasn't thought of that himself, then that doesn't say much for CC.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Community Moderator
If I’m Taylor I’m asking CC if I can work at first base before games……just to see if he has an aptitude for it…..likely a long shot but when Cain returns that would be his clearest path for staying in the majors.

If CC hasn't thought of that himself, then that doesn't say much for CC.

TT has zero professional innings at 1B in his career, I'll go out on a limb and say there is a 99.9% chance that he does not play his first ever inning at 1B for the Milwaukee Brewers in 2021 & that there is nothing wrong with CC for never giving the idea any consideration.

I'm no scout but his swing looks way different in these clips:

Man…..early on in the video it seemed like all of the pitches were middle or lower…..but later on there were quite a few that were up in the zone as well.

I miss that guy.