Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-02: Dodgers (Urías) at Brewers (Bettinger) [Brewers lose, 16-4 -- Nottingham hits a pair of home runs]

Eye Black

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying Counsell has manager of the year wrapped up already ... but best record in the NL and 2nd best in MLB and we have 2 full rosters of guys on the IL.

The 3 guys that scored the 3 runs to win last night were Mckinney, Maile, and Feliciano. We are playing a AAA roster and have a chance to sweep the World Series Champs today. Wild.

Verified Member

Are the old game threads archived somewhere? Got to read the one from last night

(edit - of course they are, I should have checked the game thread subforum! :laughing )

I'm not going to complain if Counsell wants to milk Bettinger, Zimmerman, and cap it off with a position player to be as rested and healthy heading on the road trip. It seems like he is open to being more aggressive if the offense shows up, given how much of the bullpen was positioned to be available today.

Milwaukee Brewers @Brewers

34s

Gone, but Nott forgotten! Catcher @JacobNottingham, who was designated for assignment by the #Brewers on April 22 and claimed by the Mariners on April 28, has been re-acquired from Seattle in exchange for cash. Nottingham is in the lineup today against the Dodgers.

E0ZRt-0WUAwhm-g?format=jpg&name=small

And Nottingham is back! Lol
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

C Mario Feliciano optioned to the Alternate Training Site.

RHP Dylan File recalled from Double-A Biloxi and placed on the 60-day injured list (right elbow).

[sarcasm]Now they're just finding ways to inflate the IL numbers.[/sarcasm]

1. Kolten Wong 2B

2. Tyrone Taylor LF

3. Avisail Garcia RF

4. Keston Hiura 1B

5. Luis Urias SS

6. Jackie Bradley CF

7. Pablo Reyes 3B

8. Jacob Nottingham C

9. Alec Bettinger P

Hiura in the cleanup spot...

1. Kolten Wong 2B

2. Tyrone Taylor LF

3. Avisail Garcia RF

4. Keston Hiura 1B

5. Luis Urias SS

6. Jackie Bradley CF

7. Pablo Reyes 3B

8. Jacob Nottingham C

9. Alec Bettinger P

Hiura in the cleanup spot...

Game 28, whoever predicted a lineup that included Taylor, Reyes, Nottingham (after a trade back with Seattle) and Bettinger ... kudos to you.

Hiura is terrible, dude should be 8th...stop trying to sugar coat it a Counsell. He should be lucky to even be on the MLB roster at this point. The worst part of this means he is probably really unlikely to see AAA any time soon. You don’t go from hitting fourth, to optioned...

I understand that due to the IR situation, Hiura pretty much almost has to be playing. That being said, if he's in the lineup, he certainly doesn't have to be hitting two, three, or four.

I think they are desperately trying to get him going before they have no choice but to option him. He seems hopelessly lost, but I guess against a lefty is as good as any time.

I also struggle to see who below Hiura would be a better cleanup option today. Maybe Nottingham, as crazy as that seems. Urias is definitely hitting better but doesn't profile much as a cleanup hitter.

I don't want Hiura cleanup either but the other options are ... who? JBJ? Pablos Reyes? Nottingham? I guess Urias maybe? Looking at who is available and how they've performed and it's kind of a lose lose for CC with the lineup card.

Hiura is terrible, dude should be 8th...stop trying to sugar coat it a Counsell. He should be lucky to even be on the MLB roster at this point. The worst part of this means he is probably really unlikely to see AAA any time soon. You don’t go from hitting fourth, to optioned...

Meh, I don't think him hitting cleanup has any bearing on when/if he gets optioned. These are not regular lineups, we're walking wounded and just trying to piece it together every day. If we had a healthy roster he wouldn't be hitting there right now.

Archived