Brewer Fanatic

patrick weigel recalled

• 1 month later...

I hope this means we are trying to get a 1B/3B in a trade. We actually have enough infielders to cover all the positions, just none that can hit.

If the answer was going to be Hernan getting called up, I think I would have vomited. It would have been nice to see if Green or Wes Wilson would be given a chance but realistically they are probably not better than what we already have.

I assume Jace will get the most starts at 3b, with Robertson/Reyes getting spots against LHs.

I hope this means we are trying to get a 1B/3B in a trade. We actually have enough infielders to cover all the positions, just none that can hit.

If the answer was going to be Hernan getting called up, I think I would have vomited. It would have been nice to see if Green or Wes Wilson would be given a chance but realistically they are probably not better than what we already have.

I assume Jace will get the most starts at 3b, with Robertson/Reyes getting spots against LHs.

Absolutely have to think a trade is in the works. We more or less have black holes at 1B and 3B, two power positions. If we want to compete, that must change.

Unfortunately I don't know if it necessarily means that. They have Jace and Robertson and Reyes to cover 3rd, and when Wong is back they can just slide Urias over to 3rd, so they just have to make it til Wong comes back, not necessarily Shaw.

I wouldn't mind if a move is made, though.

If they just got a decent right handed first baseman they would be fine because as noted Urias can just play third hopefully in the not too distant future with Jace getting an occasional start. Versus now where one or two of Jace/Robertson/Reyes plus Vogelbach are starting every day. They have to upgrade, don't really have any choice if they want to have success in the playoffs.

Absolutely have to think a trade is in the works. We more or less have black holes at 1B and 3B, two power positions. If we want to compete, that must change.

Ouch! At least before the injury, Stearns could go negotiating and the other teams didn't know he was desperate (they just assumed some level of it).

Archived