Brewer Fanatic

JP Feyereisen

adambr2

So I've been skeptical of our bullpen in general, mostly because we've had to count on too many unknowns like JP. However, I can't help but really start to take notice of this guy. Relievers tend to be volatile -- is there signs that what Feyereisen is doing might be something sustainable? It's been a pretty great story either way. I knew he was a native, but had no idea until recently he pitched for the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters (I'm a Rapids native myself and the Rafters play about a mile from me). Pretty cool. We don't see too many guys make it big out of the Northwoods League, but it's awesome when it happens.

It's great to have another option to consider in the late innings, because Hader and Williams can't pitch every day. It would be fantastic if he continues this performance, and makes this trade with the Yankees end up looking like a total homerun.

Community Moderator
Two things that give me hope that JP can continue to be a legitimate late inning option are the three pitch mix & so far he's induced infield fly balls (a skill that stabilizes relatively quickly) at a 14.8% clip compared to league average around 9.5-10% the last two years.

I think that third pitch is what makes his performance sustainable. He isn't dominate enough where he won't have some periods where he gets hit but he'll be a decent option.
but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived