Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-01: Dodgers (May) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 6-5 in 11 innings -- The Mayor delivers the walk-off winner]

Eye Black
  • Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why I hate replay.All it does is push controversy to a different level.

The application of the “conclusive evidence” or whatever the weasel words are, is horribly inconsistent.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Verified Member
Umps having another banner evening. Unbelievable

Not the umps on the field who messed up. That was bang bang, I can see how the ump at 2B missed the call, but it is inexcusable for them to fudge it up in New York.

Pathetic.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Verified Member
Counsell's umpire confrontations:

CC: ""Hey man, you missed that one. Didn't you see the obstruction?"

Umpire: "No there wasn't.,"

CC: "Ah, OK. My bad."

It often seems that way.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Community Moderator
I picture the dudes in New York watching the replays on 13” monitors. Anyone with a decent feed could see the bag move when Wong’s hand hit it, definitely before the tag.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Umps having another banner evening. Unbelievable

Not the umps on the field who messed up. That was bang bang, I can see how the ump at 2B missed the call, but it is inexcusable for them to fudge it up in New York.

Pathetic.

I agree—that is a completely fair point. But we wouldn’t have even needed a steal if the field umps would call obstruction even 1/10th as sensitively as it was called on Godley. It’s starting to pile up.

I picture the dudes in New York watching the replays on 13” monitors. Anyone with a decent feed could see the bag move when Wong’s hand hit it, definitely before the tag.

I'm guessing he was dropping a deuce and never came out of the can.

MLB really needs to have a live feed with the umpires in NY mic'd up so we can hear everything they're telling the umpires on the field. The XFL reboot did that and it was one of the best things about that league.

Verified Member
Literally everyone in the stadium saw it plain as day on the video board,

Ah yes, the clearly unbiased fans saw it lol. Calls that were much more obvious than that have stood, so I'm not sure why you guys are surprised. It was close from hand to base to the tag and they couldn't for sure say with 100% certainty that some part of his glove didn't touch some part of his jersey before he touched the base, so it stood.

It feels like the Brewers failed to take advantage of May’s departure by not scoring more than one run against the succession of the Dodgers’ back end relievers. Now the Dodgers have the advantage as the Brewers are without two of their top relievers tonight.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Suter barely threw in the 7th and we have 3 lefties coming up this inning.

Just, why? Are we totally married to the "8th inning guy" thing now?

10 pitches and what seemed like two minutes on the mound. And matchups said to give Williams that inning and Suter the 8th. I don't get it.

Archived