Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-01: Dodgers (May) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 6-5 in 11 innings -- The Mayor delivers the walk-off winner]

Eye Black
  • Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Dodgers have to be feeling terrible right now and I kind of love that.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Community Moderator
Feliciano drawing the walk was huge.

In his very first major league at-bat he draws a walk, and then his first trip around the bases ends with touching home plate in a dramatic walk-off. I love baseball.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Travis Shaw is going to have stretches where he looks terrible. But he is a good ball player overall. Gotta live with the bad for moments like this.

I'm not going to say he didn't come up big tonight, but he's a -.3 WAR player for the year (before today). He's got RBI's because he hits 4th or 5th and has a ton of RBI opportunities. He hasn't been "good" so much as he's been opportunistic.

Community Moderator
Went back and watched the end over again. Angel Hernandez bending right over top of the plate with a bat in his hand as Feliciano slides into home plate has me cracking up for some reason. It’s exactly what he’s supposed to do, it’s just sort of funny when the errantly thrown ball is bouncing against the backstop at that point.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Travis Shaw is going to have stretches where he looks terrible. But he is a good ball player overall. Gotta live with the bad for moments like this.

I'm not going to say he didn't come up big tonight, but he's a -.3 WAR player for the year (before today). He's got RBI's because he hits 4th or 5th and has a ton of RBI opportunities. He hasn't been "good" so much as he's been opportunistic.

His WAR took a slide during one of those terrible stretches I alluded to. The season is still young, and the kind of slump he was in can really bottom numbers like WAR out.

Verified Member
I’m

Glad the dodgers outfielders can’t throw worth a poop either. Great win!

Don't blame him on that last one. If he takes the time to turn and set himself, Feliciano scores easily. Really the only chance was grab it, sort of turn towards the plate and just chuck it and hope it's sort of on target.

Archived