Brewer Fanatic

2021-05-01: Dodgers (May) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 6-5 in 11 innings -- The Mayor delivers the walk-off winner]

Eye Black

It really hurts to lose this one while using Hader.

With a spot starter and no back end bullpen, tomorrow will probably be a blowout. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a position player on the mound at some point.

I keep telling myself that if you had told me before the series that the Brewers would win two, I would have taken it. Tonight’s game was there for the taking.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
Rasmussen and Hiura will be giving Nashville fans a decent draw.

I think if they could just face each other on repeat it would probably be good for the confidence of both.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It really hurts to lose this one while using Hader.

With a spot starter and no back end bullpen, tomorrow will probably be a blowout. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a position player on the mound at some point.

I keep telling myself that if you had told me before the series that the Brewers would win two, I would have taken it. Tonight’s game was there for the taking.

We were supposed to get blown out a few days ago when lauer was starting as well.

Verified Member
Rasmussen and Hiura will be giving Nashville fans a decent draw.

I think if they could just face each other on repeat it would probably be good for the confidence of both.

:laughing

Although Hiura would have to hit fastballs in the strike zone. I'm not sure he can do that.

Brewers should have won this game when you look at all the factors involved. The offense is literally close your eyes and hit a homer right now. There is no hope of consecutive hits in any way. Bases loaded and nobody out and you barely eke out a run. Bradley brutal ab a killer.

Verified Member
Had every opportunity to win the game in the 10th. JBJ had a garbage AB and that was the difference.

We got JBJ for his glove, not his bat

Then we got screwed.

Yeah, it seems like we over paid

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

This game is a good reminder that Hader is the ideal pitcher to throw in extra innings when you need mostly strikeouts.

That's where I was coming from.

I get it, but there is no 10th inning if Rasmussen or someone similar pitches the 9th and loses the game.

Brewers should have won this game when you look at all the factors involved. The offense is literally close your eyes and hit a homer right now. There is no hope of consecutive hits in any way. Bases loaded and nobody out and you barely eke out a run. Bradley brutal ab a killer.

I think these games are the price of the roster construction. You'll keep runs off the board, but you can only win so many close games before you just have to hit in order to reset the pen.

I'm fine with that, honestly. But you do have to get better ABs from a guy like JBJ there. Get healthy, outfield.

Archived