Brewer Fanatic

Injured List

bork

It's been difficult to follow all of the injuries, so I thought it might be useful to have 1 thread for the injured list.

60 Day (5):

Lopes 3/8 Right oblique (5/11 AAA rehab assignment)

Mathias 3/16 Labrum tear (Out for the year)

Topa 4/1 Right flexor strain (2nd half)

Wahl 4/1 Right oblique strain (5/11 AA rehab assignment, 5/18 rehab moved to AAA)

File 5/2 Right elbow surgery (2nd half)

10 Day (1):

Fisher 4/1 Left hamstring injury (5/22 New AAA rehab assignment)

https://www.mlb.com/brewers/news/a-look-at-the-brewers-injury-timetable?t=brewers-injury-report

Narvaez hurt now in the game this evening.

Do the Brewers have a new strength and conditioning coach? If so, that could be an interesting development.

The amount of injuries we have sustained is a real problem so far in 2021. It is something worth looking into at this point.

60 Day:

Topa 4/6 Right flexor strain

Wahl 4/10 Right oblique strain

File 5/2 move to 60 day

topa and wahl both started on the 10-day on 1 april. you are listing the dates they were transferred to the 60-day injured list. both would be eligible to be activated 60 days after 1 april.

and file technically wasn't moved to the 60-day injured list with his right elbow injury. he was recalled on 2 may and placed on the 60-day injured list.

Verified Member

I would think they are in no rush to end the 20 day rehab assignments for Fisher, Peterson and Lindblom. Those go until the 23th.

But it sounds like Yardley, Narvaez and Burnes could be back this week.

I predict Peterson takes Reyes' roster spot. Given Fisher hasn't played any 1B, I think he's headed for a DFA. With all the injuries, they might as well ride out the assignment and have the option to activate him as insurance until the last possible day.

As of today, I think pitching would be Burnes, Yardley, and Lindblom for Zimmerman, Weigel, and Perdomo, with the last two optioned. Lauer has pitched himself onto the roster.

Verified Member
Just realized that bereavement list is max 7 days, so Suter comes back by the end of the week, too. That 4th pitcher spot is a tough choice. Another reason why I think they leave Lindblom in AAA a bit longer to get straightened out.

I predict Peterson takes Reyes' roster spot. Given Fisher hasn't played any 1B, I think he's headed for a DFA. With all the injuries, they might as well ride out the assignment and have the option to activate him as insurance until the last possible day.

As of today, I think pitching would be Burnes, Yardley, and Lindblom for Zimmerman, Weigel, and Perdomo, with the last two optioned. Lauer has pitched himself onto the roster.

Yardley has options yet, so I think he gets sent down. Both Weigel and Perdomo have had mixed success but I'd like to see more of them. One of the two will have to go down when Lindblom is ready.

Brewers are carrying an extra catcher so it’s likely that one of them go down( Perdomo stays IMO) and the other when Omar returns.

My guess is Maile gets sent down first to delay the inevitable 2nd DFA for Nottingham at least a few days just in case something else happens.

Verified Member

It sounds like they want Lindblom to make at least one more longer rehab start, so he likely won't be back this week.

Fisher, Peterson, Lopes and Wahl likely use the full 20 days before making a decision.

I would guess they'll wait until the 13th to activate Burnes for his next start.

Potentially we could see Suter, Yardley and Narvaez tonight, replacing Zimmerman, Weigel and Maile.

I'm guessing they'll try to delay the Nottingham decision as long as possible, especially making sure that Pina and Narvaez are healthy.

Looks like Narvaez will be back any day now. Will prompt a Maile option, a Nottingham DFA, or both.

Sophia Minnaert

@SophiaMinnaert

Omar Narváez and Christian Yelich both hitting on the field today. Narvaez will likely be activated on this homestand.

Looks like Narvaez will be back any day now. Will prompt a Maile option, a Nottingham DFA, or both.

Sophia Minnaert

@SophiaMinnaert

Omar Narváez and Christian Yelich both hitting on the field today. Narvaez will likely be activated on this homestand.

Maile should be optioned. Nottingham DFA already bit the Brewers once and right now he's one of their best power PH options. I am also ready to end the Pablo Reyes experience for Hernan Perez (sadly).

List getting shorter!

RHP Corbin Burnes, RHP Josh Lindblom and C Omar Narváez have been reinstated from the injured list.

---

C Luke Maile and RHP Patrick Weigel have been optioned to Triple-A Nashville.

C Jacob Nottingham has been designated for assignment.

:angry

I just don't agree with this. I understand he is out of options but he is such a better option than Maile. The more prudent thing to do would have been to send Taylor down and let him get more ABs in Nashville. There is no reason for a 4th/5th OF if they are insistent on keeping McKinney as well.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

:angry

I just don't agree with this. I understand he is out of options but he is such a better option than Maile. The more prudent thing to do would have been to send Taylor down and let him get more ABs in Nashville. There is no reason for a 4th/5th OF if they are insistent on keeping McKinney as well.

I think if Nottingham were going to stick around, it would be as a 3rd catcher and RH power bench/1B option. The only reason Maile is still Brewers property (or actualy why he was signed at all) is that he still has an option that can be used this year.

Archived