Brewer Fanatic

Burnes to IL

Burnes is on the IL and that's all we really need to know about it. Beyond that it's really none of our concern and hopefully we get him back shortly.

I can understand frustration from fans if decisions were made that affected his availability but there is no reason to assume that is the case and if it is those are his decisions.

The reality is that load management is something that is going to have to be executed in some way with Burnes at various points this season so I really have no problem with him missing a start or two in May in the interests of the big picture. Think of it in that way, it's just the first phase of his load management for the season.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure I understand the logic. You can still get COVID if you are vaccinated. However, you are unlikely to show symptoms so you shouldn't get tested unless you show symptoms?

Vaccines may not fully protect against new/different variants/mutations of the virus.

The thought is that if someone is positive but asymptomatic, that strain is nothing to worry about. It's the strains that are making people sick/symptomatic after being vaccinated that they need to worry about.

Sorry for the late reply. I understand all that. You cut off the remainder of my post. What I was not understanding is the logic behind what the PGA is doing as mentioned by "Fear the Chorizo". If the league is not mandating all players get vaccinated and those who are vaccinated can still get COVID (and not realize that they have it) - why would they stop testing those who got vaccinated as they could still pass it on to those who are not vaccinated?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Not sure I understand the logic. You can still get COVID if you are vaccinated. However, you are unlikely to show symptoms so you shouldn't get tested unless you show symptoms?

Vaccines may not fully protect against new/different variants/mutations of the virus.

The thought is that if someone is positive but asymptomatic, that strain is nothing to worry about. It's the strains that are making people sick/symptomatic after being vaccinated that they need to worry about.

Sorry for the late reply. I understand all that. You cut off the remainder of my post. What I was not understanding is the logic behind what the PGA is doing as mentioned by "Fear the Chorizo". If the league is not mandating all players get vaccinated and those who are vaccinated can still get COVID (and not realize that they have it) - why would they stop testing those who got vaccinated as they could still pass it on to those who are not vaccinated?

That's what I answered in my second sentence. Taking it a step further, it's going to take players out of action who are likely not going to be symptomatic or require medical care.

Craig Counsell is still in this strange zone where he cannot discuss the specifics of Corbin Burnes' IL stint, but this was significant: Burnes never had to take a step back from physical activity while he was out, including throwing, Counsell said.

"Corbin Burnes tested positive for COVID-19, two weeks ago, he confirms. He was asymptomatic the whole time.

He starts tomorrow against the Cardinals."

-Adam McCalvy via Twitter

"Corbin Burnes tested positive for COVID-19, two weeks ago, he confirms. He was asymptomatic the whole time.

He starts tomorrow against the Cardinals."

-Adam McCalvy via Twitter

Okay, so that question answered.

By how much does he blow away Jansen's record?

I say he gets to 60 Ks before a walk.

Getting a vaccine is a personal choice. You don’t need to like his decision to not get one if he hasn’t, but it’s his body, his life, and his choice.

this is something that's wrong in America. It shouldn't be a personal choice, it should be a public health requirement. Amazing how our forefathers--who stormed the beaches of Normandy and liberated the South Pacific-- defeated Polio, Smallpox, etc. Yet now because we've been insulated from these sicknesses for decades, people feel they don't have to get vaccines because they read fake news from false prophets. They either claim religious reasons or personal choice.

Getting a vaccine is a personal choice. You don’t need to like his decision to not get one if he hasn’t, but it’s his body, his life, and his choice.

this is something that's wrong in America. It shouldn't be a personal choice, it should be a public health requirement. Amazing how our forefathers--who stormed the beaches of Normandy and liberated the South Pacific-- defeated Polio, Smallpox, etc. Yet now because we've been insulated from these sicknesses for decades, people feel they don't have to get vaccines because they read fake news from false prophets. They either claim religious reasons or personal choice.

200.gif

Lost a lot of respect for Corbin when I saw those comments for those exact reasons.

Do we really need to do this again? Again and again, it's been mentioned that you CAN test positive even if you get one of the injections. You have absolutely no clue what Corbin did or did not do, and frankly it's none of your business.

"All seven people within the Yankees traveling party who have tested positive since Sunday were vaccinated and past the two-week mark. Six of seven are asymptomatic."

Archived