Brewer Fanatic

Burnes to IL

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam McCalvy seems to be speculating it could be the COVID IL (which can be due to contact tracing needs, and not necessarily just for a positive test). The team didn’t designate him for the “10-day Injured List” which they did do with Zack Godley.

There is no restriction on the minimum number of days for someone placed on the COVID IL.

EDIT: Here is the wording from the Brewers directly...

RHP Corbin Burnes placed on the injured list.

RHP Zack Godley placed on the 10-day injured list with a right index finger contusion.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

So he’ll miss a minimum of two starts?

That’s hard to say. If he’s on the COVID IL due to contact tracing he could be cleared by this weekend. That’s obviously the very best possible scenario right now. If he is COVID positive, then yeah he’ll be out awhile.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Get your vaccines people, we're trying to win baseball games here!

I thought the entire team was vaccinated on Easter Sunday?

Tom @Haudricourt

·

Apr 5

Asked if team hit 85% level mandated by MLB, Stearns said he won't get into specifics but added there was "a good chunk of our roster vaccinated." He said players were educated and took the matter seriously. Said he is very pleased with initial turnout. Team got one dose J&J.

---

No guaranty as to whether everyone on the team got vaccinated, FWIW.

Get your vaccines people, we're trying to win baseball games here!

I thought the entire team was vaccinated on Easter Sunday?

Tom @Haudricourt

·

Apr 5

Asked if team hit 85% level mandated by MLB, Stearns said he won't get into specifics but added there was "a good chunk of our roster vaccinated." He said players were educated and took the matter seriously. Said he is very pleased with initial turnout. Team got one dose J&J.

---

No guaranty as to whether everyone on the team got vaccinated, FWIW.

They were educated and took the matter seriously? Apparently not. I know it's not the case, but players that make that choice should not get paid for time they miss due to COVID.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Plenty of players have gone of the COVID list due to reactions from the shot. This could be it.

Seems unlikely given where we are in the season. Seems like most players that got the vaccine shot got it earlier this month (and I read Brewer players got the J&J shot - so one and done). Had to google what you said. Only found two players (but maybe there were more). Garrett Cooper and Gio Urshela, and I believe both were only out for a few days. So, hopefully that's the case, but again, I really doubt it unless Burns just recently decided he wanted the shot. Also, I believe I read that Bettinger will make his MLB debut Sunday. No need to announce that if it's just a matter of Corbin getting over a reaction to the shot.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Plenty of players have gone of the COVID list due to reactions from the shot. This could be it.

Seems unlikely given where we are in the season. Seems like most players that got the vaccine shot got it earlier this month (and I read Brewer players got the J&J shot - so one and done). Had to google what you said. Only found two players (but maybe there were more). Garrett Cooper and Gio Urshela, and I believe both were only out for a few days. So, hopefully that's the case, but again, I really doubt it unless Burns just recently decided he wanted the shot. Also, I believe I read that Bettinger will make his MLB debut Sunday. No need to announce that if it's just a matter of Corbin getting over a reaction to the shot.

I've had at least 3 others on my fantasy team. Greg Holland, Jake McGee, and Diego Castilla all missed a game or two over the last week.

Archived