Brewer Fanatic

Bettinger to make ML debut

brent suter is starting tomorrow, but alec bettinger is still on the 26-man roster.

I'm betting the plan is for him to pitch innings 3-5 tonight. Take the pressure off of starting. One outing doesn't make a career.

Yeah, I also think today is less of a pure bullpen game and more of a Suter as opener for Bettinger game. If Brewers have a lead he probably has a short leash before turning it over to the "when ahead" relievers.

why wouldn't you give the ball to zimmerman after suter? He wasn't that bad on Sunday, granted Dodgers had little to play for at that point and he still surrendered some runs

You know our pitching depth is bad when a guy surrenders 5 runs in 3 2/3 with 0 K's and is referred to as "wasn't that bad."

As he should be. No one should be expecting much, but the guy was a bang bang play from getting out of the first against the Dodgers. He really unraveled after that.

Let’s hope he gets his confidence back in the minors.

• 2 weeks later...

bettinger did not need to meet the requisite stay of 10 days on optional assignment in order to be recalled as the 27th man.

i do believe that he can stay on the roster beyond today, provided that another player is cut to pare the roster back down to 26.

Will be interesting to see what the corresponding move is. the pitchers left on their 40 are not that inspiring. I was hoping Yardley would be the one sent down today.

Richards would be in the same boat as Yardley. Unfortunately for CC there just isn't much left to replace them. Right now the pen is a mess.

• 2 months later...

Archived