Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-29: Dodgers (Bauer) at Brewers (Lauer) [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Lauer’s Dodgers dominance continues; Shaw homers; Wong turns incredible double play]

Eye Black
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Devin honestly did not have it today. Sometimes you get lucky, fortunately.

2018 Counsell would have brought in Hader against Muncy for a 4 out save, not a doubt in my mind.

I agree that 2018 Counsell would have, bit I think he's responding to something analytocally, maybe something particular to COVID and the shortened season and the pptential for injuries. I'd like to believe Hader would have tried to get 4 outs if it meant beating a division rival in September. Time will tell on that, I guess.

2018 Counsell would have brought in Hader against Muncy for a 4 out save, not a doubt in my mind.

I agree that 2018 Counsell would have, bit I think he's responding to something analytocally, maybe something particular to COVID and the shortened season and the pptential for injuries. I'd like to believe Hader would have tried to get 4 outs if it meant beating a division rival in September. Time will tell on that, I guess.

Question......who pitched the last Brewer complete game?

Woodruff threw one last year, but I can’t remember if that was a 7-inning DH game.

EDIT: Yes, it was a 7-inning “complete game” against the Cardinals last year.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Woodruff threw one last year, but I can’t remember if that was a 7-inning DH game.

Yes in 2018 Hader wasn't the main guy in the bullpen either. Now that Hader is in that "closer" role he is only going to come in for the 9th and maybe the 8th if they absolutely have to but I think that will happen more later in the season. Hader's value to the team is higher coming in during the 7th or 8th but Hader's value personally is higher coming in as the closer. The player compensation hasn't caught up with modern bullpen use.

So we are here and the Brewers need to manage what is right for them and also what is right for Hader. I don't agree with the Hader only comes in during the 9th but it is what it is.

Yes in 2018 Hader wasn't the main guy in the bullpen either. Now that Hader is in that "closer" role he is only going to come in for the 9th and maybe the 8th if they absolutely have to but I think that will happen more later in the season. Hader's value to the team is higher coming in during the 7th or 8th but Hader's value personally is higher coming in as the closer. The player compensation hasn't caught up with modern bullpen use.

So we are here and the Brewers need to manage what is right for them and also what is right for Hader. I don't agree with the Hader only comes in during the 9th but it is what it is.

The last normal complete game was Jimmy Nelson in 2017.

The last normal complete game was Jimmy Nelson in 2017.

Archived