Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-28: Marlins (Alcantara) at Brewers (Godley) [Brewers lose, 6-2 -- Godley’s start takes backseat to the Marty Foster show]

Eye Black
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The replay coin flip giveth and taketh away.

I thought he got the hand in there just before the tag. I thought I understood baseball pretty well before today. I feel like I don’t know how to baseball anymore.

There is no consistency, indisputable evidence means whatever they want it to mean. You could flip a coin and have about the same results as what the replay booth gives you.

So if that’s Marty’s definition of obstruction in which he claims it doesn’t matter how far onto the grass the runner goes then every batter from this point forward should be taught that any occurrence in which they ground out to the pitcher they should simply run at him as he’s fielding/throwing the ball.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

So if that’s Marty’s definition of obstruction in which he claims it doesn’t matter how far onto the grass the runner goes then every batter from this point forward should be taught that any occurrence in which they ground out to the pitcher they should simply run at him as he’s fielding/throwing the ball.

That's exactly what I was thinking. So the runner's base path is just "whereever he is?" OK, Marty.

Here is the rule:

OBSTRUCTION is the act of a fielder who, while not in possession of the ball and not in the act of fielding the ball, impedes the

progress of any runner.

Yeah. Didn't happen. Awful call.

So if the runner decides to run towards the catcher and the catcher doesn't get out of his way, that's obstruction?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

You can see that Diaz was hunting the interference call as soon as he saw where the ball was headed. He purposely "established" his path on the grass, casually jogged toward Godley, and then made his little veer back to the right to make it look like Godley got in his way.

Must say I'm impressed with the Marlins hitting wise. Pretty solid mechanics and don't throw away a lot of at bats. If they could come up with a little more pitching they could really cause some problems in the playoffs

This game just has bad mojo all the way through, starting with Godley.

Ridiculous call costs the Brewers a run.

Passed ball.

Bad call changes complexion of Aguilar AB.

Aguilar pulls a pitch way high and away, and McKinney mistimes it at the wall.

Wong loses transfer on potential DP.

Brewers hitting into some deep flyouts.

And now ball pops out of Wong's glove on potential CS.

Bad bounces, bad execution, nad matchup.

Kind of amazing to still be sort of in it.

Outside of Wong's HR we really weren't in this game at all.

This Marlins team is just scrappy enough to be annoying.

I think they have a shot at being a playoff team. They aint bad at all.

Be thankful you didn't have to listen to their announcers in this series. Those clowns were pretty bad. You would have thought the Marlins had one the World Series. smh

Their rotation is full of young, lively arms with high upside.

Alacantra, Rogers, Lopez, Sanchez, and Hernandez. Once Sanchez gets back from the minors, that is a really good young rotation.

Grab a couple bats and they will be tough down the road.

Archived