Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-28: Marlins (Alcantara) at Brewers (Godley) [Brewers lose, 6-2 -- Godley’s start takes backseat to the Marty Foster show]

Eye Black
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When do we start beating the drum for Ashby??

Stearns did say in the first series of the season that we would see Ashby this season. I will say I’m a little surprised that not one of Weigel, Bettinger, or Lauer received the call today.

Lauer might be getting the Burnes project type treatment. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him for awhile

How are guys like Godley and Yardley employed on any 26 man roster, much less ours, when guys like Rick Porcello and Jeremy Jeffress are still available?

Even JJ himself admitted no team wants to touch him with a 10 foot pole. Probably a good reason for that even if he doesn't think so himself.

As far as Rick Procello, meh, can't say he is any flashier than the fodder we have sitting around as is.

Huh? This makes it sound like JJ knows no team wants to touch him and understands why. That's not the case at all. He knows no team wants to touch him, he's confused about it and has no idea why and wants to play. I don't know why either.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Weigel has actually thrown a few nasty pitches here, I can see why the Brewers were intrigued by him enough to trade for him

That Bugs Bunny breaking ball is fun. Hopefully he's got more than that to work with, though, because the velocity hasn't been super impressive so far.

Weigel has actually thrown a few nasty pitches here, I can see why the Brewers were intrigued by him enough to trade for him

That Bugs Bunny breaking ball is fun. Hopefully he's got more than that to work with, though, because the velocity hasn't been super impressive so far.

Hit 97…….that ain’t bad……it’s just the command is all over the place.

Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes the bar eats you.

Remind me not to go to your bar.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Hit 97…….that ain’t bad……it’s just the command is all over the place.

Huh ... I saw 93, but I I lost internet connection for a bit during the last inning. If he's hitting 97 with that breaking ball and that odd arm angle, he could be fun.

One strike on Vogelbach was a clear ball…..last one was borderline….probably a ball but too close to take in that situation

Especially when you are down 4 with 2 outs in the 8th and team has a pretty poor offense overall...walks don't help much, need to be swinging

Archived