Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-27: Marlins (Castano) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers win, 5-4 -- Houser & Taylor hit back-to-back HRs; Taylor tallies 3 RBI]

Eye Black
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I always get a chuckle out of reading the GT when a reliver gives up a hit or godforbid a run.

He was throwing pipe shot after pipe shot and they were just missing them.

I saw a lot on the corners to his last batter

I always get a chuckle out of reading the GT when a reliver gives up a hit or godforbid a run.

He was throwing pipe shot after pipe shot and they were just missing them.

He literally threw everything on the edge or off the edge except three pitches. One for a homer, a single, and Devers fouled one off.

Pitchers throw stuff in bad spots sometimes. Sometimes it is harmless and sometimes not so much. That surely wasn’t endless meatballs.

JP is becoming a weapon for the bullpen. Glad to see the leap forward for him, I’m sure he’ll get touched up at some point but he looks pretty remarkable so far this season.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I just don't think there's a ton of upside in Houser anymore. Just a guy you hope can go 5 or 6 and give up 3 or less most outings I guess.

#4/#5 starters with a 3.75 ERA are pretty valuable.

They are, but a pitcher going 5 and 2/3 innings giving up 3 ER is a 4.75 ERA, no? Kinda wild how thin the line is compared to 6 innings and 2.5 ER being 3.75 ERA.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I just don't think there's a ton of upside in Houser anymore. Just a guy you hope can go 5 or 6 and give up 3 or less most outings I guess.

#4/#5 starters with a 3.75 ERA are pretty valuable.

They are, but a pitcher going 5 and 2/3 innings giving up 3 ER is a 4.75 ERA, no? Kinda wild how thin the line is compared to 6 innings and 2.5 ER being 3.75 ERA.

He was referencing his current ERA. It is 3.65 now.

On Gameday but Devin's location looked a bit shaky? Thoughts from those watching? Nice to see him get out of it.

His location wasn't always spot on but Devin was fooling everybody with it if it was a strike or on the edge.

I absolutely hate the “he came off contact with the base for a millisecond” replay reversals. There is no way that was ever the intent of replay, and it certainly isn’t helping make the game any more watchable.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived