Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-24: Brewers (Peralta) at Cubs (Alzolay) [Brewers win, 4-3 -- Piña 2-run HR gives Crew the lead for good]

Eye Black
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Cubs are gonna send Chafin back to the California Penal League pretty soon
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

When rested, Pina is very good. What a catching duo!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I wish we had won the Justin Turner sweepstakes instead.

Same here, but I think the odds were unfortunately along the lines of hoping Ed McMahon and the Publishers Clearing House folks would be knocking on the door.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Feel like JBJ and Shaw both have been grinding and could use a day.

Agreed, unfortunately we're walking dead as it is. If you had told me on Opening Day that Billy McKinney would have been getting numerous starts and Corey Ray would be getting meaningful ABs in by the last week of April I would have been fairly alarmed.

I know it's an extremely small sample size but Corey Ray looks like he has mechanical issues. Odd swing with front shoulder flying open.

Not sure who's in charge of overseeing hitter development in the minors but every guy that comes through the pipeline seems to have mechanical issues.

Big spot for Devin Williams. Good to see him back in “high leverage”, hopefully he’s right.

This outing seems consequential for the rest of the season. A tone thing.

"It's ok not to be superstitious but you should be a little stitious." - adambr2 6/4/21

Archived