Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-23: Brewers (Anderson) at Cubs (Hendricks) [Brewers lose, 15-2 -- Anderson leaves with an apparent injury after recording just one out]

Eye Black

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Isn't Wong back today? Didn't hear of any corresponding move.

The team seems to usually announce these things around the same time the lineup drops.

Wong has been activated, and Jace Peterson takes his place on the 10-day IL with a thumb issue.

That seems rather ... convenient?

Isn't Wong back today? Didn't hear of any corresponding move.

The team seems to usually announce these things around the same time the lineup drops.

Wong has been activated, and Jace Peterson takes his place on the 10-day IL with a thumb issue.

That seems rather ... convenient?

Stearns and Jace met earlier today. Jace said he was feeling great. Stearns went in for what appeared to be one of those two-handed handshakes, but instead used it to violently twist Jace's thumb while asking "How about now?".

On a slightly more serious note, he did have the same Cryotherapy treatment just before the season that Braun used to get. So while it's convenient, it probably isn't entirely a phantom issue. But it is one way to keep him around a little while longer should another injury occur.

Feeling a bit nervous about this series. Cubs are also coming in off a big sweep and their backs are more to the wall and possibly they are more pumped up after dropping both recent series to the Crew. I hope tensions don't bubble over. Hopefully I'm wrong, but this just seems like a trouble series and I don't like seeing the same team so often.

Don't feel too nervous. It's April. The Brewers are playing good ball and seem to have a nice roster. It's going to be a solid summer of baseball no matter the outcome of this series.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Please tell me Narvaez isn't hurt. Otherwise, I don't understand why you'd sit our hottest hitter after an off day who hits lefty going against the Cubs ace right hander.

Hendricks has a nice change up which is extremely effective against lefties. Also Pina hasn't started in a while so it was probably his day to start regardless.

Low numbers for samples but Narvaez is 0 for 11 against Hendricks and Pina is 2 for 13. Pina hasn't played a lot so might make sense to get him his at bats today.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Shaw's kind of back in the neighborhood of more realistic statistical expectations this year. Still think it's likely that 3B might be something we want to look at in July.

Yeah, he's come down to earth and it's the pitching that has put us #1 with him hitting in the 4 spot. His D continues to be outperform

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Shaw's kind of back in the neighborhood of more realistic statistical expectations this year. Still think it's likely that 3B might be something we want to look at in July.

30% strikeout rate, .280ish OBP and he's not hitting the ball hard. It was worth a shot because our other options were so bad but it was always the most likely scenario that he wouldn't be good.

Archived