Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-21: Brewers (Houser) at Padres (Lamet) [Brewers win, 4-2 -- Crew completes the series sweep]

Eye Black
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My mind is envisioning a hosmer three-run walk off.

Well Hader can't keep a 0.00 ERA all season. I feel like we're playing with house money though, since we've already won the series.

Not house money when you have a lead with two outs in the ninth.

Losing a game like that hurts any time.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Hate walking the winning run to the plate. I don't care if you have to throw a fat pitch, don't do that.

Not sure about the "throw a fat pitch to Manny Machado" strategy

Hate walking the winning run to the plate. I don't care if you have to throw a fat pitch, don't do that.

Not sure about the "throw a fat pitch to Manny Machado" strategy

I mean Hosmer can get you too, and if Manny does it at least you're still in the game. But it all worked out.

Brewer road sweeps at Petco are a pretty rare thing I'm guessing.

I loved when they did it to start the 2018 season (with Yelich and Cain making their Brewers debuts), but this one might be even sweeter considering the quality of competition.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I loved when they did it to start the 2018 season (with Yelich and Cain making their Brewers debuts), but this one might be even sweeter considering the quality of competition.

Agree on all counts. They just swept a very good team, on the road. Almost makes up for losing a home series to the Pirates :laughing

In the category of pissing away a game, just saw the Twins literally throw one away in the last of the 10th. They had a two run lead with the bases loaded and the 2B fumbled an easy play that would have ended it. Then the next batter hit an easy grounder to third and the 3B threw wildly allowing the tying and winning runs to score. Ouch.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Yes, this feel like a huge sweep, in large part because of how much MLB and the media just hyped the Dodgers v Padres "clash of the titans" series.

Think the Padres board is pages full of people complaining that they never score with bases loaded and nobody out?

The Padres fans are 4 games vs LA from having a season feel lost. 5games back and facing Dodgers in LA they realistically are staring down 7 or 9games back after Sunday. The highest of hopes coming in to the season and before end of April you're 7 or 9 games behind LA.

Brewers meanwhile 1game up in first place! Lets go put Cubs behind 6games after Sunday.

Archived