Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-21: Brewers (Houser) at Padres (Lamet) [Brewers win, 4-2 -- Crew completes the series sweep]

Eye Black
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we get through the 7th with the lead why not hand the game to Hader? The sweep would be huge and a day off tomorrow. I know Counsell just said he is a one inning guy now but man I want this one.

Here comes Williams in the tight game, I guess his demotion was brief.

Well they had to go with someone. Even if they were going to let Hader go 2, that would be 4 innings in 4 days which seems like the kind of overuse they want to avoid. I'm not even totally sure he gets the 9th. I think he will but I wouldn't be 100% on it.

He threw 13 Sunday afternoon and 15 Monday, nothing excessive. I guess I always think after a day off a reliever is good to go and with tomorrow off why not. I don't really expect it to happen though. Lets get some insurance and make it moot..

If Brewers are leading 3 or less for 9th Hader had better close it out. Its what Counsell has him paid to do

Why 3 or less?

Save opportunity.

How do hitters with bases loaded and 2 strikes on them take strike 3 on a fastball? That kills me. If its a breaking pitch and your fooled so be it. Literally fouls a FB over the center of zone pitch before, now watches one for strike 3?

I think it would be better for Hader to take the 8th here even if he only is gong 1 inning.

That's exactly what they should be doing right now.

But it's not what they're going to do, because you know, saves. :rolleyes

Archived