Brewer Fanatic

Brewer Nicknames

Sixtofan

I saw that Brett Anderson referred to Woodruff as “Big Woo” which struck me as really funny- and I had not heard this one before.

Was this nickname news to anyone else? Any other good Brewer nicknames out there.

Daniel Vogel Back Back Back Back Back Back...You Oughta Know By Now

Adrian Our Houser in the Middle of the Streeter (or Is A Very Very Very Fine Houser)

Angel Perdomo Arigato Mister Roboto

Corbin What Burnes Never Returns

You Better Call Tyrone Taylor

Avi Come Sail Away Garcia

Baseball Reference tracks player nicknames, but doesn’t have one listed for Woodruff...

Baseball Player Nicknames

Looking through the list I’m a little skeptical about some of the nicknames.

Some current and former Brewers I saw on the list include: Uncle Phil (Prince Fielder), Bat Boy (Zach Davies), Ocho & Hebrew Hammer (Ryan Braun), CrunchWrap & LoCain (Lorenzo Cain), Narvy (Omar Narvaez), Big Sweat (Jimmy Nelson), Petey (Jace Peterson), D-Rob (Daniel Robertson), Vogey (Daniel Vogelbach), Wonger (Kolten Wong), Yeli (Christian Yelich)

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Ned Yost enters the chat....

Kesty

Yeli

Avi

Vogie

Narvi

Burnsie

Roenicke was all about his "eys" too.

Braunie, Gomie, etc.

I think the most obnoxious part about it is that he would often refer to RickIE Weeks as "Rick".

Braunie, Gomie, etc.

I think the most obnoxious part about it is that he would often refer to RickIE Weeks as "Rick".

I think that is in the handbook for nicknames. One syllable in the name? Add a second. Two syllables? Cut it to one. Ergo, Rickie Weeks would be called Rick or Weeksie. Never heard Cor Hartie, though.

The Frosty Boys

This inspired me to go re-read that Frosty Boys thread from October 2018, and that nickname is still as cringey now as it was then. So bad.

Crap! I thought it was Nasty Boys. But I'm pretty sure those were wrestlers. Doh!

Baseball Reference tracks player nicknames, but doesn’t have one listed for Woodruff...

Baseball Player Nicknames

Looking through the list I’m a little skeptical about some of the nicknames.

Some current and former Brewers I saw on the list include: Uncle Phil (Prince Fielder), Bat Boy (Zach Davies), Ocho & Hebrew Hammer (Ryan Braun), CrunchWrap & LoCain (Lorenzo Cain), Narvy (Omar Narvaez), Big Sweat (Jimmy Nelson), Petey (Jace Peterson), D-Rob (Daniel Robertson), Vogey (Daniel Vogelbach), Wonger (Kolten Wong), Yeli (Christian Yelich)

Robertson's nickname is as bad and uninspired as his play.

The Frosty Boys

This inspired me to go re-read that Frosty Boys thread from October 2018, and that nickname is still as cringey now as it was then. So bad.

Gold. Wasn't "pile on" and coach Cooper that same season as well?

It was "pour it on"

just sayin'

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Ned Yost enters the chat....

Kesty

Yeli

Avi

Vogie

Narvi

Burnsie

Braunie, Gomie, etc.

Ha, that's the thing about nicknames, gotta go the opposite from the regular. My brother and I would ironically call Rickie, "Richard" just for the ridiculousness of it all.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Ha, that's the thing about nicknames, gotta go the opposite from the regular. My brother and I would ironically call Rickie, "Richard" just for the ridiculousness of it all.

Me and one of my buddies used to call him Dick Weeks. Giggled everytime.

Archived