Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-19: Brewers (Woodruff) at Padres (Musgrove) [Brewers win, 3-1 -- Woodruff gives up just 1 hit over 6 IP; Crew hits 3 solo home runs]

Eye Black
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They win this game it's an outright theft.

Why? Woodruff gave up 3 hard hit balls all game and the Padres as of now have an expected batting average of .109. We've hit 3 balls hard and unlike the Padres didn't hit them into the ground, so we're more than deserving of our lead right now.

From Mike Vassallo...

For the fifth time already this season, a Brewers starter has gone at least 5.0 innings while allowing just 1 hit.

Burnes: 4/3 vs. Min (6.1ip, 1h)

Peralta: 4/6 at ChC (5ip, 1h)

Woodruff: 4/7 at ChC (7ip, 1h)

Burnes: 4/8 at StL (6ip, 1h)

Woodruff: 4/19 at SD (6ip, 1h)

That is pretty incredible considering this is just the 16th game of the year.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I am very ready for Jace Peterson to no longer be a relevant name in my lexicon. I fear he's going to be around for awhile, though.

Daniel Robertson says hi. Forget mendosa line. Hes teetering at Sheets line. Jace is safe while Robertson exists.

Both can go ... although at least Robertson has some theoretical upside.

Not a great start for Suter.

As much as I appreciate him, I am worried about Suter versus the top half of this lineup.

EDIT: Well I guess we won’t need to find out (for tonight at least).

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Taylor seems to do nothing but hit when given a shot. i'm still scratching my head on why Bradley is here. Injuries aside Brewers had cheaper options already in camp.

I almost sort of think that after he struck out trying to coax Justin Turner to come to Milwaukee, Attanasio was determined to spend some money and make a splash, and Bradley was the biggest name left on the market.

Archived