Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-19: Brewers (Woodruff) at Padres (Musgrove) [Brewers win, 3-1 -- Woodruff gives up just 1 hit over 6 IP; Crew hits 3 solo home runs]

Eye Black
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Contreras would have been hbp 3 times that at bat if those locations were true as gamefeed shows. Gotta say I listened to 1st inning and after 27pitches to get thrpugh and 1 run i walked away assuming Woody wasnt going to go 5innings nor give up less than 4 runs. Yet here we are healthy line to make it through 6 and only that 1 run

Wth. I flip on Gamefeed and 11k in under 70pitches? Wow thats bad.

LOL are you new to being a fan of this offense?

11ks cool. Its the within 70pitches thats alarming. Especially since they have 2 HRs.

Woody heroics after that 1st. Well done. 6 ip 1R on the road.

Might be able to get another batter or two or maybe an inning out of Woodruff thanks to that short inning.

With Hosmer starting the 7th I'd guess they'll turn to Suter right away.

I like the idea of Suter starting a clean inning much better than bringing him into the middle of an inning with runners on (as we’ve seen recently).

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Might be able to get another batter or two or maybe an inning out of Woodruff thanks to that short inning.

With Hosmer starting the 7th I'd guess they'll turn to Suter right away.

I'd rather have Woodruff facing Hosmer than Suter having to face Myers and Pham.

The Brewers problem in games like this is we have no pen aside from Hader. How you going to get to him when Woody has about two innings left.

Good question. Hope that those heavy hitters frustratingly flail away at Suter's junk for a couple innings I guess?

Just piggyback Woodruff and Burnes in a series opener against a team like this so you can win at least one game (yes, I’m joking).

Since you will use a reliever virtually 100% of the games, just use an opener every night, then see if Woody/Burnes/Peralta can go seven to get you to Hader. Done.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
This rotation is disgustingly good. It's a shame not to have a decent bullpen to back these guys up.

Hopefully Devin Williams figures it out and returns to being a useful weapon. Even if he does, though, they could still use another arm out there. Boxberger and Feyereisen are ok as your 4th or 5th relievers, not as your set-up guys.

Padres fans enthusiastically cheer a Jace Peterson strikeout not realizing it's like cheering a sunrise in its inevitability.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Archived