Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-19: Brewers (Woodruff) at Padres (Musgrove) [Brewers win, 3-1 -- Woodruff gives up just 1 hit over 6 IP; Crew hits 3 solo home runs]

Eye Black
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Dang, my feed is behind. Nice shot McKinney!

He's got a nice stroke and pretty solid mechanics.

Of all the former top prospects in their late 20s Stearns has grabbed over the last 12 months, he's been the most impressive.

Daniel Robertson, though, has not been impressive. I had high hopes for him, but he just doesn't look like he'll have enough bat to provide any value.

Robertson has no chance.

He's a worse hitter than Arcia was.

With Peterson on the roster you have to figure Robertson’s time with the team is drawing to a close unless he gets the bat going.

With those mechanics he has no chance at that level.

McKinney is a pretty good hitter. If he can play first ship Hiura out when Yelich comes back. Robertson is not a major league player.

Agreed with all this, except that McKinney and Vogelbach don't make a ton of sense as your 1B, both being LHH. Maybe this give a guy like Zach Green a shot instead?

Robertson has no chance.

He's a worse hitter than Arcia was.

Watching this team hit in general is pretty brutal. I knew it was going to be a defensive team and I welcomed that change but when you don't have Yelich, Wong, not even a gimpy Cain, and Hiura is useless, the lineup is an absolute joke. I don't know how they're even as competitive as they've been. I was at the game yesterday and just looking up at the board and constantly seeing the lineup's numbers in my face was eye opening. I'm genuinely not trying to crap on them, but most of the lineup, especially now, is abysmal.

Between Wong and Urias, it's maybe time to start sitting guys when they go to the place their careers began. Rest Yelich in Miami.

Blue.

It was in Miami in 2019 that Yelich destroyed his knee cap.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

You have to figure when wong (or anyone) comes back hiura is headed to AAA. many high ceiling hitters have to be sent down and come back better. Braun/ fielder are more of a rarity than the rule.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

The Brewers problem in games like this is we have no pen aside from Hader. How you going to get to him when Woody has about two innings left.

Good question. Hope that those heavy hitters frustratingly flail away at Suter's junk for a couple innings I guess?

Just piggyback Woodruff and Burnes in a series opener against a team like this so you can win at least one game (yes, I’m joking).

The Brewers problem in games like this is we have no pen aside from Hader. How you going to get to him when Woody has about two innings left.

Good question. Hope that those heavy hitters frustratingly flail away at Suter's junk for a couple innings I guess?

Just piggyback Woodruff and Burnes in a series opener against a team like this so you can win at least one game (yes, I’m joking).

Obviously I wouldn't go those two in the same game, lol, but I've tossed around in my head whether or not this team would be better off with a 10 man piggyback rotation and 3 man pen.

Woodruff at 86 pitches through 5 innings. I sure hope Counsell sends him back out for the 6th. He's looking very strong, so I would think you could push him to around 100 pitches.

Sure would think he's coming back unless they have a crooked inning since he batted.

Woodruff at 86 pitches through 5 innings. I sure hope Counsell sends him back out for the 6th. He's looking very strong, so I would think you could push him to around 100 pitches.

Sure would think he's coming back unless they have a crooked inning since he batted.

With only Pina, Taylor and big Dan left on the bench, it may have been more out of necessity.

Obviously I wouldn't go those two in the same game, lol, but I've tossed around in my head whether or not this team would be better off with a 10 man piggyback rotation and 3 man pen.

That would be such an incredible experiment that I’m not even sure I’d be upset if it went wrong.

Omar has been nice.

As frustrating as so many of his at bats were last year, he’s really looked great offensively through the first few weeks this year.

Fact. I was thinking he could be let go this off season he was that bad but he has been fantastic.

Archived