Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-18: Pirates (Kuhl) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers lose, 6-5 in 10 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Feels like a day Hader may have to go more than one to get a W. We'll see. Looks like the ball is jumping pretty good.

They only had Hader throw more than 1 inning once last season (and it was 1.1 IP). They haven’t had him throw more than 1.1 IP since September 7, 2019. I hope they are still open to it, but I’m getting the feeling the days of him going 2 or more innings are likely forever over.

Yeah, this very well could be, maybe barring some massive, do-or-die type scenario.

I'm honestly not sure I'd want him to in April. But I do hope it's on the table generally just based on the value added. I certainly doubt he drops any more three inning saves. But I'd be up for letting him get 4-5 outs when well-rested and with offdays in sight.

Feels like a day Hader may have to go more than one to get a W. We'll see. Looks like the ball is jumping pretty good.

They only had Hader throw more than 1 inning once last season (and it was 1.1 IP). They haven’t had him throw more than 1.1 IP since September 7, 2019. I hope they are still open to it, but I’m slowly getting the feeling the days of him going 2 innings (or more) are likely over.

With Williams struggling right now, they have no choice but to pitch him multiple innings unless our starters go eight.

Yeah, this very well could be, maybe barring some massive, do-or-die type scenario.

I'm honestly not sure I'd want him to in April. But I do hope it's on the table generally just based on the value added. I certainly doubt he drops any more three inning saves. But I'd be up for letting him get 4-5 outs when well-rested and with offdays in sight.

Completely agree, deploying him over multiple innings was such a huge component of their previous success.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Certainly not vintage Freddie......struggled with his command.....but battled through 5.

Technically, that has been one of Freddie's major weaknesses. This year he is giving up over 6BB/9IP. Historically over 4. Just this year, he has been effectively wild.

I know there was a string of lefties scheduled to come up, but it seems like the Brewers must be fairly confident in Perdomo if they’re willing to go to him in the 6th inning of a tie game.

(Or not so confident in some of their other options)

Certainly not vintage Freddie......struggled with his command.....but battled through 5.

Maybe not vintage Freddy, but not exactly uncommon either. Freddy has a lot of inefficient outings.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I know they’re talking about bringing Taylor in for McKinney here, but it’s worth noting that so far in his short MLB career Taylor has a .986 OPS against RHP and just a .669 OPS against LHP. That being said, you can’t really draw any strong conclusions based on less than 60 plate appearances.

Maybe not vintage Freddy, but not exactly uncommon either. Freddy has a lot of inefficient outings.

I mean maybe my understanding of the word ‘vintage’, but I think this was exactly like vintage Freddy. Historically he is pretty inefficient and doesn’t go deep into games. Difference is vintage Freddy usually gave up 3-4 runs while doing it...2021 Freddy put up zeros.

I’m totally okay with 5 inning Freddy if it isn’t overly common and he puts up zeros. Probably lucky he was facing the Pirates today though....a better team probably doesn’t put up 5 innings of zeros.

Archived