Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-17: Pirates (Cahill) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 7-1 -- Offense explodes early; Anderson goes 7.0 IP allowing 0 ER while scattering 6 H & 1 BB]

Eye Black
Someone like Brad Miller, who is not a fantastic player but can hit (103 career OPS+), and is versatile, got 3.5M in this market for 2021.

Why don't we fill out our bench with players like that? Why does it always need to be someone named Scrappy Nostick in the lineup every day every time we have injuries?

To be fair, they took that approach last year with guys like Sogard, and it was pretty much a failure.

You're comparing apples to atom bombs. Sogard is a much worse hitter who was a starter.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the improvement I'm seeing lately out of Urias. The numbers still aren't great but you can just kind of see things coming around for him.

The split between the guy's BA and OPS right now is crazy. If you ever wanted an example of how AVG can lie, it's him right now. Wild.

Here's a trivia tidbit:

Last 7 games for Keston Hiura: 19 AB, 5 H, 4 R, 2 2B, 1 HR, 5 RBI, 4 BB, 6 K for a .263/.462/.526 slash line. The OPS: .988.

We didn't notice, but he's made a very nice rebound from an 0-for-19 start to the season.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Ball just jumps off Hiura's bat...assuming he makes contact
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Anyone having issues watching this game in WI. My parents aren’t able to watch tonight on Spectrum. Weird. It’s not on National tv is it?

I have it on Spectrum, but it's on Bally Sports Wisconsin Plus. Way up on channel 310 for me in Appleton.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived