Brewer Fanatic

Tepera suspended three games, Ross gets 1.

For throwing at woodruff. Good to see cardinal style baseball get punished. I'm not sure ross called for throwing at woodruff so that part seems weird, but I suppose managers responsibility.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/cubs-ryan-tepera-suspended-for-throwing-at-brewers-ace-brandon-woodruff-david-ross-gets-one-game-ban/amp/

Have the Cubs game on now. Contreras has an inside pitch that he leans in and tries to stick his elbow into but it missed. Maybe 3 pitches later the pitch is closer and he just stands there and takes it off the elbow pad instead of moving at all. He goes right to first without saying a word and probably laughing to himself about how easy it was. I don't understand how he, teammates, or Cubs fans don't see what he's doing. I mean, he knows what he's doing it yet acts all offended.

Is Contreras the new villain that we will despise? Has he replaced Yadier Molina?

I can assure you that Yadi is still plenty despised.

I got smoked in the chest once by a foul ball from Yadi. That'll teach me to get tickets right on the first base line. But yea, Yadi will always be my #1 enemy.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I get the jist of what Woodruff was saying when he was up there. But what if anything has anyone seen that Rizzo was saying that Woodruff barked at him?

I missed that. I saw Woody tell the Brewers dugout to chill. Didn't see him talk to Rizzo.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Tepera seems like he should be playing for the Cardinals. What a moron.

I'm sure that'll do wonders for his appeal.

Of course, the point of appeals isn't so much to actually change the ban, but it helps the team do things like use a reliever 2-3 days in a row and then drop the appeal, "suspending" the player on days he wouldn't pitch anyway.

Yikes. Maybe send him a video of piazza getting hit in the face with a ball and knocked unconscious, and ask if he'd like that to be him. I mean, eye for an eye right so now we should throw at him? Or, some ways of previously doing things were just really stupid...and we are evolving.

The whole idea here is to take administrative measures to minimize injury. It's the same reason the nfl started cracking down on big hits on wr over the middle. The goal is to change behavior for sake of player safety...

Yikes. Maybe send him a video of piazza getting hit in the face with a ball and knocked unconscious, and ask if he'd like that to be him. I mean, eye for an eye right so now we should throw at him? Or, some ways of previously doing things were just really stupid...and we are evolving.

The whole idea here is to take administrative measures to minimize injury. It's the same reason the nfl started cracking down on big hits on wr over the middle. The goal is to change behavior for sake of player safety...

What did he say? Looks like he took it down now.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

What did he say? Looks like he took it down now.

It's still up.

"Baseball today is soft... need to stand up for my teammates."

No way you can reduce a suspension when now two guys have admitted it's intentional.

As for the bolded part, if MLB really wanted to stop this they would do more than a token 2 or 3 game suspension. Missing a month or more would be a deterrent but a couple games is nothing.

He has been hit by the Brewers 2x in 2019, 4x in 2020, and now 3x in 2021. He season totals are 9, 14, and 5 (48 total in his 6 year career but we play against him often so those are not huge outliers. He gets hits a lot, primarily because he crowds the plate and actively tries to get hit. To complain about it and then retaliate against it is immature and unprofesional.

As for Tepera's comments, that could be grounds for additional suspensions. To paraphrase, he's seeking justice his own way, on the field. Hard to beleive MLB should tolerate that behavior. His later comment implies he meant no harm, just wanted to send a message. Throwing behind the legs is one things, but f he had gone for the head, it would be a different story. All is this is just stupid behavior especially since there is no indication the Brewers are doing this intentionally.

Archived