Brewer Fanatic

Lineup and Fielding-Milwaukee League?

razzzorsharp

We talked a little bit about the lineup at the end of today's practice, and I think most people seemed to agree that we should take a game-by-game approach to the lineup, meaning substitutions would be determined by the games we are playing (if someone has a hot hand at SS for instance, I personally would prefer to see that person remain at the position to give us the chance to win in a close game).

I personally feel that we should align the lineup with the players we best feel play at their strongest positions. Since not everyone was at today's practice, I don't know what those positions are, but here's my best guess:

P Matt (my94rt or something like that)

SS Valpo

LCF Ajay

LF Houlie

1B Kenny

3B Razzor

RF Rightomac

RCF Robin19

C Radman

2B Jamie

The backups filling out the lineup are as follows:

1B/C/OF Brian the Automator

OF/P Jimbo

OF Russell

OF Zac

P/OF/1B colbyjack

BrewerfanMatt is new, and I don't recall Al (Ajohnson104) being at the last two practices, so I'm unfamiliar with what positions they play (I think Al played the OF last year, but I'm not positive). I will say that Matt (My94rt) is pretty slick with the glove, so when he's not pitching he should find a home somewhere on the infield.

Just my 2¢.

Just a side-comment, do we take BP before the games? My vision at night under the lights is a lot different than my vision during the day, and I could really use some reps seeing the ball off the bat hit at night to try and get used to it before I embarass myself during a game.

Also, what are the rules for pitching, if there are any? Do you have to start your windup at a certain place (touching the pitching rubber, etc.)?

Another side-note...to the Matts at the game tonight, I'm glad you got the Smile On shirts, sorry I couldn't talk more when you (my94rt) stoppped by. We handed out 800 shirts in less than 15 minutes, as we got mobbed. I was tempted to call you back to see if you had some burgers and beers to share, but the dollar hot dogs called us inside.

That looks pretty good to me. My only comment would be that Matt seems to be so good a pitcher it'd be silly not to have him there every game. That said, those were some nice diving stops he had yesterday http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif .

Are we going to still use the giant lineup (start the next game where we left off the last one), or are we going to reset each game?

I'm content with the positionings as Colby listed. I could also fill in on the right side of the infield if necessary.

Quote:
Just a side-comment, do we take BP before the games?

Yeah, we usually had time to get each player a few swings right before the games, once the prior game was done.

Quote:
Are we going to still use the giant lineup (start the next game where we left off the last one), or are we going to reset each game?

I liked the giant rotation, starting where we left off the game before. Equal playing time for everybody, and all...

Verified Member

About pitching: your foot has to touch the rubber, but I don't think anyone pays attention. Keep in mind there's a hufe divot in front of the rubber, so I always would keep my heel back up against the rubber.

Last year Jamie expressed concern about having all the best defenders in the field at the same time. Need to mix it up.

I'm not familar which positions my94rt and Rightomatic13 can play.

Someone needs to score, so Robin19 + nullbyte + Jimbo cannot be in the field at the same time.

Using last year's OPS rankings, maybe use a lineup like this:

Houlie24x

razzzorsharp

bball123h

AJAY

Robin19

valpocrewsader

BrewerFanMatt

Rightomatic13

my94rt

nullbyte

radman12484

Jimbo

Brewerjamie15

AJOHNSON104

Iron Chef Napalm

Brian The Automator

colbyjack

Defensively, something like this for the first game (open to any tweaking):

P ? BrewerFanMatt

C ? Brian/Iron Chef Napalm

1B ? bball123h/new lefty guy

2B ? Brewerjamie15/Robin19

SS ? valpocrewsader

3B ? razzzorsharp

LF ? Houlie24x/other new guy

LCF ? AJAY/AJOHNSON104

RCF ? colbyjack/radman12484

RF - nullbyte/Jimbo

thanks joe for clearing up which matt i am...haha...brewerfanmatt=the pitcher dude :-) anyway, i am available for some 6:30 BP or whatnot. i am definately agreeable to pitching...i'll try to pound the zone. see you guys on thursday

Let's use Patrick's lineup idea for the first game and see how things go.

I still don't have a score book so I need to get us one. I was on vacation when the ball was voted on, so I don't have those either. I'll have things taken care of but I'm in a pinch since getting back.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I can play anywhere. I feel more comfortable in the IF, but in my younger days I was a star CF so I can play out there. I can run about as well as Tony Gwynn.

Sr, not Jr. And I mean now, not in his playing days.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived