Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-13: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers lose, 3-2 -- Contreras 2-run HR in 8th proves the difference]

Eye Black
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suter has always been used consecutive games. Williams is coming off an injury and this is April. Pretty easy to understand why Williams was not available tonight?

Ok, well then that goes back to my main point. This pen isn't very good after you get past Hader and Devin.

That's not to say Suter is bad. But if he has to be your choice in the 8th inning with a string of righties coming up, that speaks to your lack of depth.

Suter has always been used consecutive games. Williams is coming off an injury and this is April. Pretty easy to understand why Williams was not available tonight?

Ok, well then that goes back to my main point. This pen isn't very good after you get past Hader and Devin.

Boxberger and JP have a 0.00 ERA. And you said earlier Suter is reliable. That's 5. Perdomo looked very good no? That would be 6 if he's the real deal. Back end of the bullpen? Yea, in flux like every other team.

Do I love the BP in general this moment? No. But I'm not too worried, there's an endless strwam of other options.

Boxberger and JP have a 0.00 ERA. And you said earlier Suter is reliable. That's 5. Perdomo looked very good no? That would be 6 if he's the real deal. Back end of the bullpen? Yea, in flux like every other team.

Do I love the BP in general this moment? No. But I'm not too worried, there's an endless strwam of other options.

Well, I wasn't citing the 5-10 inning sample size of our guys in '21 in my evaluation of the strength of our pen. If I was I certainly wouldn't have put Devin in the strength category.

Contreras admitted in his post-game interview that they tried to hit Woodruff. I appreciate the candidness, I guess.

How do you not make Contreras take one tomorrow?

Any chance any suspensions are coming? Just how stupid do you have to be to whine about getting hit when you're leaning out over the plate...and then admit to throwing at the opposing pitcher? If you don't suspend him...what are you going to do? Wait for someone to take a upper 90's fastball up in the head or neck area and a benches clearing brawl? THEN MLB can pretend to be righteous and suspend a couple people 2-3 games and a pitcher 7 games...so he pushes his start back a few days and gets a little extra rest.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived