Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-13: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers lose, 3-2 -- Contreras 2-run HR in 8th proves the difference]

Eye Black

Suter is fine. I have no problem with saying Suter just has a bad night tonight. He's a worthy pen option.

Don't really get why you don't go Devin in the 8th tonight, though. If the Cubs had a string of lefties coming up I'd get it.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suter is fine. I have no problem with saying Suter just has a bad night tonight. He's a worthy pen option.

Don't really get why you don't go Devin in the 8th tonight, though. If the Cubs had a string of lefties coming up I'd get it.

They've removed Devin from high leverage situations for now.

They've removed Devin from high leverage situations for now.

So anything after the 7th?

That's a pretty bad idea considering their highly limited options.

How do we have this many position players on the roster and zero available to hit in the 8th inning?

Well...we do have a few injured guys that are not on the DL and also, I'm curious as to why you think our bullpen sucks?

Have you seen our bullpen stats this year? Because they have an ERA well over 5?

It's 2 really good relievers and then a bunch of journeymen and guys who may have upside but have shown nothing at this level (Rasmussen, Perdomo for instance). I've been on record in numerous GTs before their ERA ballooned that this was a highly overrated pen.

Hader is obviously good, can't judge Williams on 3 appearances after the year he had, Neither Boxberger and Feyereisen have given up a run yet. And you made this statement after Suter gave up a HR....really going to rip on Suter based on this one outing (1.29 ERA coming into this game and was pretty good last year). Seems like you expect 7 Hader/Williams caliber arms in the bullpen.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Hader is obviously good, can't judge Williams on 3 appearances after the year he had, Neither Boxberger and Feyereisen have given up a run yet. And you made this statement after Suter gave up a HR....really going to rip on Suter based on this one outing (1.29 ERA coming into this game and has pretty good last year). Seems like you expect 7 Suter/Williams caliber arms in the bullpen.

I literally called Williams a "really good reliever" in my post. Not sure how that's judging him. I also didn't rip on Suter, I said he's well worthy of the pen. You're putting words in my mouth that I didn't say and making strawman arguments. I didn't say anything bad about Devin or Suter individually. I said this pen as a whole is overrated.

Hader is obviously good, can't judge Williams on 3 appearances after the year he had, Neither Boxberger and Feyereisen have given up a run yet. And you made this statement after Suter gave up a HR....really going to rip on Suter based on this one outing (1.29 ERA coming into this game and has pretty good last year). Seems like you expect 7 Suter/Williams caliber arms in the bullpen.

I literally called Williams a "really good reliever" in my post. Not sure how that's judging him. I also didn't rip on Suter, I said he's well worthy of the pen. You're putting words in my mouth that I didn't say and making strawman arguments. I didn't say anything bad about Devin or Suter individually. I said this pen as a whole is overrated.

You said 2 good relievers. I assumed that was Hader and someone else..was not certain it was Williams. After Suter gave up a HR, you posted "This bullpen sucks"...so my assumption there is that you were lumping him into the guys other than "the 2 good relievers". I'm not putting words in your mouth.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

With regards to the bullpen, Lindblom doesn't belong in the majors; Rasmussen isn't ready for primetime and probably needs more work in the minors; Yardley didn't belong either, since rectified. Boxberger has been a pleasant surprise and Williams an unpleasant one thus far. At least that's how I'd sum it up.

I think the bullpen woes are mostly caused by Williams sucking and Hader seeing a disproportionately low number of innings compared to guys like Lindblom and Rasmussen.

I defended the pens performance the other night and I admit that I was wrong, they have been pretty bad as a whole so far, but I am really only worried about Williams. If he turns it around and the guys pitching like crap have a slight return towards career norms I think our pen will be pretty good.

The bullpen ERA is over 5? I thought I looked it up today and it was 3 something, 9th in MLB.

Brian and Bill said it was over 5 and that they've been the opposite of the rotation.

Baseball Reference had it listed as 5.05 ERA for the bullpen entering tonight’s game:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/split.cgi?t=p&team=MIL&year=2021#sprel_extra

20 earned runs in 35.2 innings pitched. Sporting a 1.514 WHIP. Not the strength of the team so far this season.

Don’t you toss Yelich on deck with Urias up there hoping he grooves one?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

3 walks and a dinger. Good night for Urias.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived