Brewer Fanatic

Yardley optioned to Alternate site......Perdomo recalled

markedman5

Yardley had a hard time finding the strike zone. Hopefully a stint at the ATS/minors helps him get things straightened out.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

It looked like to me that Yardley never found his release point in spring training and it continued into the start of the season. He was either releasing the ball early or he was late. Hopefully he can find his release point as the Brewers are going to need him at some point this season.

Good. it just wasn't there this year. He relied on deception and location, rather than stuff and he couldn't hit his spots. Perdomo struggled last year, so not sure how this helps much

Doesn’t Pedromo throw in the upper 90s? Even if else fails he has the potential to blow it by opposing batters.

I was just thinking the one thing this pitching staff needs is a second lefty. Hopefully Perdomo can find decent success. It’s only 9 games into the season, but the pieces are coming into place.

Perdomo has a real shot. They can really use another lefty between their long man Suter and their closer. Waiting in the wings are Hardy and Milner both of whom were very effective in Arizona too but aren't on the 40 man.

Right on.

Yardley stinks and has a very low ceiling. At least Perdomo has electric stuff. It Perdomo sucks, then Hardy and Milner are next in line.

I was just thinking the one thing this pitching staff needs is a second lefty. Hopefully Perdomo can find decent success. It’s only 9 games into the season, but the pieces are coming into place.

Especially if, as you say, Perdomo can be a power lefty in the pen and...hopefully Williams can get back on track.

After that, it's just some tinkering with the lineup, maybe adding a piece or two, but the pitching staff would certainly look pretty settled.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I really wish we had Topa....Rasmussen wasn’t good in the bigs in 2020 and has been brutal so far this year. He seems like the new Taylor Williams--young guy with incredible arm but basically throws batting practice. I hope he figures it out, but at present he has no business being in tight games. Lots of talent and hopefully a bright future.

I really wish we had Topa....Rasmussen wasn’t good in the bigs in 2020 and has been brutal so far this year. He seems like the new Taylor Williams--young guy with incredible arm but basically throws batting practice. I hope he figures it out, but at present he has no business being in tight games. Lots of talent and hopefully a bright future.

Losing Topa really hurts, but I'm still confident Rassmussen will figure it out. I'd prefer to see him pitch in games like he did tonight(though maybe with a bit more warning) until then, but with Williams not looking like the same pitcher he was last year, Topa out at least half the year and Rassmussen struggling, the once-mighty BP is looking a little shaky.

Devin Williams shaky start, Rassmussen looking bad in his first two outings, Topa going down...the Pen was supposed to be squared away. A few power arms fighting for the last couple spots, but the core was young and dominant. Its' early, but hasn't quite shaken out that way.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Losing Topa really hurts, but I'm still confident Rassmussen will figure it out. I'd prefer to see him pitch in games like he did tonight(though maybe with a bit more warning) until then, but with Williams not looking like the same pitcher he was last year, Topa out at least half the year and Rassmussen struggling, the once-mighty BP is looking a little shaky.

Devin Williams shaky start, Rassmussen looking bad in his first two outings, Topa going down...the Pen was supposed to be squared away. A few power arms fighting for the last couple spots, but the core was young and dominant. Its' early, but hasn't quite shaken out that way.

I think this is where both the unheralded pickup of Boxberger and trading Arcia for two power arms could end up being a blessing. Everyone is talking about teams wanting starting pitching depth, but not many are taking into account what type of effect last year's weird season may have had on bullpen arms.

I think this is where both the unheralded pickup of Boxberger and trading Arcia for two power arms could end up being a blessing. Everyone is talking about teams wanting starting pitching depth, but not many are taking into account what type of effect last year's weird season may have had on bullpen arms.

I agree, particularly with Rasmussen. I have to wonder if the layoff in 2020 did mess with him a bit more than we know. Given his health history (two Tommy Johns are nothing to sneeze at)... did the layoff wreck mechanics/the release point? Is he nervous?

eric yardley has been recalled from the alternate training site. he did not need to meet the requisite 10 days on optional assignment, because he is replacing a player put on the injured list.

i predict his stay will be brief.

Though not sure why they wouldn't try Bickford, Weigel, or Sobotka unless Yardley quickly figured out his location issues.

it's all about maximizing the pool of players available to you. the three guys you suggested all have met the requisite stay of 10 days on optional assignment, and are eligible to be recalled at any time. yardley had yet to meet the requisite 10 days, but was eligible for recall when a corresponding move was placement on the injured list.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Though not sure why they wouldn't try Bickford, Weigel, or Sobotka unless Yardley quickly figured out his location issues.

it's all about maximizing the pool of players available to you. the three guys you suggested all have met the requisite stay of 10 days on optional assignment, and are eligible to be recalled at any time. yardley had yet to meet the requisite 10 days, but was eligible for recall when a corresponding move was placement on the injured list.

One would think ... I dunno ... that at some point it would be about putting the best players on the field. I mean, it isn't like Yardley didn't deserve his demotion. Maybe that's just me, though.

Archived