Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-11: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Ponce de Leon) [Brewers win, 9-3 -- Offense scores 7 runs in the first two innings]

Eye Black
Urias benefits from Cardinals pitchers inability to throw a strike for a 3rd time. Can someone walk their way out of a hitting slump? I hope so.

I take it back, box score briefly showed 3 walks but it's only 2 for Urias.

First walk for Urías was an IBB to bring the pitcher to the plate.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vogelbach has that John Goodman, Babe Ruth swing.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Biggest problem is we needed to tack on a run or two here and there. Can't just get to 7 early and think we are done. Multiple times the cards have been one at bat away from making this a 1 run game.

That has seemed to be a fairly common issue over the past two seasons before this one. Might be somewhat anecdotal, but I recall numerous in-game threads with that same complaint about not tacking on runs after scoring a few early inning runs.

Search "pour it on" to find those.

Or ask Coach Carter.

Urias benefits from Cardinals pitchers inability to throw a strike for a 3rd time. Can someone walk their way out of a hitting slump? I hope so.

I take it back, box score briefly showed 3 walks but it's only 2 for Urias.

First walk for Urías was an IBB to bring the pitcher to the plate.

I know but Ponce de Leon was wild too which got him into trouble in the first place. That was more my thought on that.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Coach Carter was definately a fan of "pouring it on," especially against teams that were "not ready for the bright lights" yet.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

We have the best catching duo in the majors.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Pina sporting the 1.033 OPS. Not bad :)

Someday he might catch up to Narvaez.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived