Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-11: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Ponce de Leon) [Brewers win, 9-3 -- Offense scores 7 runs in the first two innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daniel Ponce de Leon is looking more like a baby seal in the Canadian Arctic than a major league pitcher. Figuratively, that is.

And I don't mind that Avisail Garcia and Travis Shaw did very nice impressions of the interactions Canadian fishermen have with said baby seal. Figuratively.

I’m so happy to see Shaw play well. His last term with the Crew ended so badly, and brought Hiura up to the big leagues as a top prospect. If Hiura can get his act together soon this would be a perfect end to that saga.

I’m watching the Masters and have the Brewers on with no sound.

Did they say anything about Yelich or should I just assume he has an oblique injury because that seems to be contagious.

Just when things were looking up a little.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Yelich gets pulled. Any update

Nothing yet, my first thought was he could be getting the rest of the day off due to the lead. Let's hope that's all it is and that it wasn't premature.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Nothing yet, my first thought was he could be getting the rest of the day off due to the lead. Let's hope that's all it is and that it wasn't premature.

While I’d love for that to be the case (versus the likely alternative), that would be a pretty gutsy move to make in the 2nd inning and Brett Anderson on the mound.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

While I’d love for that to be the case, that would be a pretty gutsy move to make in the 2nd inning and Brett Anderson on the mound.

I'm probably in denial. 2nd inning is a little early for that kind of move.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Apparently Anderson doesn't know how to cope with a larger lead.

Got out of it.

I mean if we are guessing I’m sure it’s an oblique.

Edit: Back soreness.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived