Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-08: Brewers (Burnes) at Cardinals (Wainwright) [Brewers lose, 3-1 -- Burnes is masterful allowing 1 hit and 0 walks w/ 9 strikeouts; Devil Magic proves too strong]

Eye Black
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
Yelich had 3 hits and a walk yesterday. Shaw had 3 hits today from the cleanup spot. When you have middle of the order bats getting multiple hits it’s sort of incredible not to produce any runs as a result of those hits.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Verified Member
I still don't understand why people thought that an area of our team of which half consists of names like Eric Yardley, JP Feyereisen, and Brad Boxberger was going to be a strength.

Topa and Knebel...

I still don't understand why people thought that an area of our team of which half consists of names like Eric Yardley, JP Feyereisen, and Brad Boxberger was going to be a strength.

Topa and Knebel...

Knebel isn't a member of this bullpen. Topa even when healthy has less than 8 career innings. He's a total unknown. If we were expecting our pen to be a strength based on guys like Justin Topa, then that kind of was my whole point.

Molina hit an oppo single, Carlsen went oppo double, and then IBB to Williams.

Arenado hit one out.

Sometimes, guys get hits.

Rasmussen has to get out in these spots at some point. You can't use Hader there. Maybe I'd have left Burnes in. Okay. But Yardley did his job. Rasmussen didn't. You were going to have to get 6 outs with guys not named Suter, Williams, or Hader today. They couldn't. That's not really a managerial issue for me.

Neither Yardley or Rasmussen did their jobs. The offense didn't help, either.

I get it's a long season. I get guys have ups and downs, but something has to happen.

The only good news is that Keston Hiura got a hit, and apparently had the wheels to score on a blown pickoff. Travis Shaw seems to be closer to 2017-2018 than 2019.

Topa and Knebel...

curious response...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Community Moderator
The “1” below was a first pitch called strike on Vogelbach. That’s not a borderline call like some of the other outside strikes today, that’s just awful. He worked into a three ball count after that.

EyfPT8gWYAA_Gw7?format=jpg&name=small

It was over 4 inches outside of the strike zone. It was the worst called strike of the day in MLB.

Twitter Link

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived