Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-08: Brewers (Burnes) at Cardinals (Wainwright) [Brewers lose, 3-1 -- Burnes is masterful allowing 1 hit and 0 walks w/ 9 strikeouts; Devil Magic proves too strong]

Eye Black
On the Conforto Hbp, his elbow certainly was flared out but he didnt lean in to the ball like Contreras has blatantly done. Need to suspend and fine a batter doing that 1 game pay included to the opposing pitcher's charity of choice.

If that's not blatantly leaning into a ball, I'm not sure what is.

Elbow yes. But not body lean. Just flared his elbow out towards incoming ball. Point in statement is Contreras literally leaned body with elbow to have ball hit him.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only one who thinks the Burnes story is kinda under reported?? The guy comes up is great in helping us get to the playoffs. The next year he basically is the worst pitchers in baseball and has to be sent to exile island. Then comes back and is now basically unhittable and one of the five best pitchers in baseball. Outside of Halladay who else has done this??

It's a good story. Shows the patience of the management and their belief in the talent that Burnes had, even if 2019 was ugly statistically. Definitely didn't sell low.

I really wish we would stop calling Yelich “MVP” all the time. It’s 2021, his MVP was in 2018. Not to mention he sucked last year and has been pretty far from MVP this year.

He wasn’t even a Top 10 player via WAR on his own team last year. It just sounds a little silly after awhile.

Why is Keston still in the 2-hole?

To be fair, gameday shows pitch 1 a ball that ump called a strike. Gotta be 4th already called strike on outside pitches in the 3 innings Ive followed along.

Bradley's first strike should have been ball 2 another outside zone called strike.

Yep gone back 5 bad out of zone called strikes. All of them were strike 1 given to Waino.

Worth watching how the Mets-Marlins game ended if you haven’t seen it yet. This is the Mets broadcasters here upset with how the game ended even though the bad call benefited the Mets:

Twitter Video Link

Unbelievable. Kudos to the Mets announcers for calling their own team out rather than defending that crap.

MLB needs to make whether or not the hitter attempted to get out of the way a reviewable call and actually call it. That's never called. What is wrong with that homeplate ump? He was literally going to call it a strike. How can he say Conforto tried to get out of the way?

Too bad Bob Davidson wasn't the home plate ump. He would have called it and then ejected everybody.

Yardley is looking like this year’s pitcher who will get a lot of high leverage innings because of success he had last year until he proves that this is a new year.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived