Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-07: Brewers (Woodruff) at Cubs (Hendricks) [Brewers win, 4-2 in 10 innings -- Woodruff allows just one hit over 7 IP; Cain hits two late inning go-ahead home runs]

Eye Black
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems like kind of an early hook for Woodruff at 74 pitches if he is indeed done for the day. If the lead remains at one I think I would have sent Woodruff back out for the 8th and then Hader in the 9th, unless they plan on going 2 innings for Hader which they really don't do much anymore.

I saw Devin warming up in that shot behind CC.

If Hiura is gonna stay in the lineup, then him and Cain need to swap lineup spots.

Hiura probably belongs at the ATS site. He’s not going to last two more weeks as a starter if he keeps striking out at a 50% clip

If Hiura is gonna stay in the lineup, then him and Cain need to swap lineup spots.

Hiura probably belongs at the ATS site. He’s not going to last two more weeks as a starter if he keeps striking out at a 50% clip

Right, will be interesting to see how CC/Stearns handle Keston.

I still don't get it. Woodruff was still dealing. His pitch count wasn't high. Just ....why?

Over-managing nonsense that has been rampant in baseball for a good 20 years. All I can think of is getting Williams work in a tight situation. No way I'd have taken Woody out with how he looked and his counts. But managers have their guys for their cute situations and circumstances be damned.

Another 11 runs for the Reds today. Unreal

Vs Pittsburgh a team likely not seeing 65wins.

10 runs per game is a little more than impressive against any MLB opponent.

They scored a ton against the Cardinals too.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I don't see how Hiura batting leadoff would be of any help right now.

Before today, Cain has been in the 6 spot... Let Hiura K down there.

I still don't get it. Woodruff was still dealing. His pitch count wasn't high. Just ....why?

Guess just trying to take advantage of a lead late to actually use you late inning RPs when they're supposed to pitch?

I'd have given Woody the 8th til he allowed a baserunner and brought Williams in then. But Counsell did the wrong change.

Over-managing nonsense that has been rampant in baseball for a good 20 years. All I can think of is getting Williams work in a tight situation. No way I'd have taken Woody out with how he looked and his counts. But managers have their guys for their cute situations and circumstances be damned.

Agreed. Coaches/managers have their little cue cards and they are going to stick with it no matter what. They can't actually use their eyes and figure out that the card might not give you the best answer in all situations.

If Hader wasn’t tied down to the 9th it probably would’ve made sense to have him pitch the 8th versus Pederson who is historically bad against LHPs.

I have no idea when Craig Counsell went from a manager who was reasonably wise to matchups to a guy who needs to define his 8th and 9th inning guys. Pigeonholing a guy to a inning number is just stupid. It's 2021.

Well, Counsel seems more guilty of it than most others. He can't wait to bring in his relievers. Too bad for Woody but lets not forget the offense left him hanging with just a 1 run lead after that gem.

Archived