Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-07: Brewers (Woodruff) at Cubs (Hendricks) [Brewers win, 4-2 in 10 innings -- Woodruff allows just one hit over 7 IP; Cain hits two late inning go-ahead home runs]

Eye Black
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They say it every time it happens but has a pitcher ever actually gotten hurt from not letting the ball go when timeout is called late?

Probably but none that I can think of. Still I would want the person to continue in their motion. Stopping could cause a strain or an injury to the player.

They say it every time it happens but has a pitcher ever actually gotten hurt from not letting the ball go when timeout is called late?

I feel like yes a pitcher has been hurt on a time called. Or at least left the game because something didnt feel right.

CG watch took a hard unlikely with 19 pitch 7th. 8 though and a Hader save?

The Brewers are about to be 0-2 in games in which their starting pitcher allowed no hits in 6 innings.

I can’t think of any reason for Urias to be anything other than 8th in the batting order.

We have quite a few guys who should be hitting 8th in the order. Unfortunately, only one can.

I look at it from the standpoint of who I’d like to see up with a man on third and two out, and Urias is below both Pina and Robertson on that list.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
raising cain
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Community Moderator
I am so sick of our pitching having to be absolutely perfect to win every single game.

Reminds me of how many Jacob deGrom gems the Mets have spoiled over the past few years. Has to be disheartening for a pitcher.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

raising cain

Damn good chicken.

Yes it is

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

this Chafin dude would have fit in very well on the 82 Brewers

Seems like kind of an early hook for Woodruff at 74 pitches if he is indeed done for the day. If the lead remains at one I think I would have sent Woodruff back out for the 8th and then Hader in the 9th, unless they plan on going 2 innings for Hader which they really don't do much anymore.

Archived