Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-07: Brewers (Woodruff) at Cubs (Hendricks) [Brewers win, 4-2 in 10 innings -- Woodruff allows just one hit over 7 IP; Cain hits two late inning go-ahead home runs]

Eye Black
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That’s what I want to see more of from Yelich. Instead of taking the first pitch fastball for a strike go with it up the middle or to left center.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Another K for Keston....... My god.

He's a K machine. That's what he's just gonna be until he decides to change his approach. Or the Brewers decide to change it for him.

Haines said it was changed ... I saw it recently on TV, anyway. Haines was confident that no teams could exploit any "vulnerabilities" in the strike zone for Hiura.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

He's a K machine. That's what he's just gonna be until he decides to change his approach. Or the Brewers decide to change it for him.

Haines said it was changed ... I saw it recently on TV, anyway. Haines was confident that no teams could exploit any "vulnerabilities" in the strike zone for Hiura.

LOL ... didn't say anything about those big vulnerabilities out of the strike zone, though.

Haines really has a lot riding on Hiura turning it around. I would say Haines' future here depends on it. It's one thing when a seasoned veteran like Yelich is struggling for awhile, but when an elite bat-first prospect goes completely in the tank and looks lost for a long extended time period, it's not a good look at all for the hitting coach.

That’s what I want to see more of from Yelich. Instead of taking the first pitch fastball for a strike go with it up the middle or to left center.

I could be wrong, but I saw a stat that said he has swung at 70% first pitches this year. Making contact might be the issue.

I could be wrong, but I saw a stat that said he has swung at 70% first pitches this year. Making contact might be the issue.

Definitely been a contact issue. Making contact on only 72% of pitches in the zone (88% for his career, 82% last year) and just 38% of pitches out of the zone (59% for his career, 45% last year). I'm still reasonably confident he'll be ok. At least pre-Milwaukee levels ok.

Here’s an early season stat to chew on.

The Reds are in their 6th game and have scored 60 runs.

The Brewers are in their 6th game and have 27 hits.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Community Moderator
For whatever it's worth...I'm feeling pretty comfortable that Hiura isn't going to be a defensive liability at 1st. Obviously doesn't matter if he can't figure out how to hit again.

Right on cue Keston misses a grounder that somehow results in a throwing error on Robertson for backing up the misplay.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

For whatever it's worth...I'm feeling pretty comfortable that Hiura isn't going to be a defensive liability at 1st. Obviously doesn't matter if he can't figure out how to hit again.

Right on cue Keston misses a grounder that somehow results in a throwing error on Robertson for backing up the misplay.

One error doesn't necessarily mean he will be a liability the entire season. I also would be surprised if he didn't improve as he accumulates reps there. I would expect the majority of his errors to come from ranging to his right for a ball that he should let the 2b have.

In his defense, that was a tough one to field.

Archived