Brewer Fanatic

Arcia Traded to Atlanta for RHP Chad Sobotka and RHP Patrick Weigel

markedman5
whatever is afflicting chad sobotka, he has not been placed on the minor league 7-day injured list. he is counting against nashville's 28-man roster limit (players on rehab assignment don't count against said limit). puzzling indeed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The middle few pages of this thread were a fun walk down memory lane.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Arcia called up today by the Braves.

He's been hitting well and they played him in LF at AAA the past few games. Presumably he'll play there for Atlanta.

Hitting well is an understatement. He's slugging .552 with a K rate of 11%. He made only 3 errors in 41 starts at SS. Trade seems to have helped him and Brewers ended up with a guy at SS who's been performing like an MVP candidate. Good for all, though Arcia could make the return seem rather meager.

Arcia isn't a Brewer. I really don't care what he does elsewhere or what the players they got in return do. He was essentially gifted a starting spot for years and outside a few weeks here and there was terrible. Possibly the worst swing mechanics and approach I've ever seen for major league position player and he had zero success with it and made zero changes in 4+ years.

FWIW Arcia was 2 for 4 yesterday, singled & drove in a run and later scored in the 9th inning during a 4 run come back by the Braves to tie the game. Braves won in the 10th. Pretty good debut. I'm rooting for him to do well, I've always liked the kid.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Community Moderator
Arcia isn't a Brewer. I really don't care what he does elsewhere or what the players they got in return do.

I mean, as a Brewer fan I'd think you'd have to be interested in the latter part in actuality, right?

Arcia isn't a Brewer. I really don't care what he does elsewhere or what the players they got in return do.

I mean, as a Brewer fan I'd think you'd have to be interested in the latter part in actuality, right?

Yeah, count me in as caring how the guys we trade for do.

Yeah, count me in as caring how the guys we trade for do.

Certainly I hope they do well but I will not use how those pitchers turn out to judge the trade. Orlando just needed to be gotten rid of. The fact that they got anything that even closely resembles someone who might contribute to the major league team was a shock to me. I would have expected cash or some 17 year old never will be in the DSL.

The Nationals just traded for Alcides Escobar, so players like Arcia do have value. Frankly, it was his defense that lead to the Brewers moving on. Players like Andrelton Simmons have made nice careers in the major league being impact defenders at shortstop with limited offensive prowess.

The Nationals just traded for Alcides Escobar, so players like Arcia do have value. Frankly, it was his defense that lead to the Brewers moving on. Players like Andrelton Simmons have made nice careers in the major league being impact defenders at shortstop with limited offensive prowess.

For cash, that's about as close to worthless as it gets.

For cash, that's about as close to worthless as it gets.

Right, and the Brewers already DFA'd Sabotka and Weigel is probably duking it out with Tim Lopes, Pablo Reyes and Yardley to keep their 40 man roster spots once the Brewers bring in some deadline acquisitions. Almost better off taking cash.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived