Brewer Fanatic

Arcia Traded to Atlanta for RHP Chad Sobotka and RHP Patrick Weigel

markedman5

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you view Urias/Arcia as kind of a wash, which is probably a fair take at this point, then it would make sense to have Urias to stay cheaper and years of control (did not double check this but seems he should have 2-3 years more of cheap control).

Very curious what they got back, didn't see this coming. I'm going to guess minor league flyer types.

Very surprised to see them give up on Arcia this early.

Also surprised to see this trade happen the first week of the season. Could of, and maybe should of, happened this offseason.

I'm hoping they got more than a bag of balls.

I'm guessing the Brewers get back a utility type guy, someone that can play SS/3B and has more experience at 3B than Arcia. Might even be a AAA type guy, I wonder if the Brewers prefer to have Pablo Reyes up with the big league club.

Edit: Posted before I saw they'd be getting pitchers in return.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Don’t really care what the return is. Impossible to be disappointing when Arcia has been arguably the worst everyday MLB player (offensively) for years.

Too bad Luis Urias has been just as bad, if not worse, in his limited playing time.

Curious to see if this is a Phelps trade-like two lottery ticket arms, or something higher-minors. Assuming it's not a ML arm, but I guess you never know....

EDIT: Actually a MLB BP arm would make some sense if they wanted to even salaries a bit....

The timing is odd, as others noted. Arcia did seem to play well last year despite the odd season, and nothing would have changed about their outlook on him based on four games, you'd think. Makes me wonder if the Braves dangled a guy they found enticing enough to cause them to do this now.

Archived