Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-06: Brewers (Peralta) at Cubs (Alzolay) [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Pitchers allow just one hit, Peralta strikes out 8 over 5.0 IP]

Eye Black

Robertson and Rizzo both do that weird little air humping action with their hips when preparing for the pitch.

It irritates me to no end.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That’s why you add defense. What a turn.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Very nice win! Good job fellas. Time for a series win tomorrow.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Fun game! Lots of positives - Peralta pitched great.

Will be interesting to see if the Cubs decide to throw at somebody tomorrow.

No doubter if it were St. Louis or the White Sox. Kind of like the Topps commercial where the Cardinal player is looking at player's cards: He sucks, he sucks, Trout's ok, he sucks, he sucks... Perfectly captured the Cardinal classiness!

I don't think Kyle Hendricks is intentionally plunking anyone, he's just about the last pitcher in the league I'd expect that from. Maybe when a reliever comes in, but tbh I doubt that as well.

EDIT: He actually has more HBP than I thought he did, which surprised me with his command. But still, doesn't seem the hot-headed or angry type at all.

Sorry but I refuse to jump on the "Yelich isn't fine" wagon when we are talking about a 60 game clown show that I basically wrote off completely and the first 20 ABs of the season.

You can be concerned if you want, I'm not at all. I am concerned about Keston Hiura looking like someone unplugged his network cable when trying to hit an 89 mph fastball.

I don't think Kyle Hendricks is intentionally plunking anyone, he's just about the last pitcher in the league I'd expect that from. Maybe when a reliever comes in, but tbh I doubt that as well.

EDIT: He actually has more HBP than I thought he did, which surprised me with his command. But still, doesn't seem the hot-headed or angry type at all.

He wouldn't do it just because he throws like 89 at his best. That's not going to do anything if they're trying to send whatever dumb message they want to send.

Sorry but I refuse to jump on the "Yelich isn't fine" wagon when we are talking about a 60 game clown show that I basically wrote off completely and the first 20 ABs of the season.

You can be concerned if you want, I'm not at all. I am concerned about Keston Hiura looking like someone unplugged his network cable when trying to hit an 89 mph fastball.

Not sure how you can be concerned about Hiura, but not Yelich at all. Both tanked offensively starting in that 60 game clown show. Yah, I’d have way more confidence Yelich bounces back, but I’m concerned about both...but I was concerned before 20 ABs this year, just for the record.

Community Moderator
Do we have beef against Contreras? 2nd night hbp.

I don’t think so and I certainly don’t think that either HBP was on purpose this week, but McCalvy shared this and I guess I hadn’t realized the Brewers have now hit Contreras in 6 of the last 11 games in which they’ve faced him.

EyVvKkAXAAA_Qyx?format=jpg&name=small

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Not sure how you can be concerned about Hiura, but not Yelich at all. Both tanked offensively starting in that 60 game clown show. Yah, I’d have way more confidence Yelich bounces back, but I’m concerned about both...but I was concerned before 20 ABs this year, just for the record.

Because Yelich has a significantly longer and stronger track record at the Major League level than Hiura?

Fun game! Lots of positives - Peralta pitched great.

Will be interesting to see if the Cubs decide to throw at somebody tomorrow.

Peralta pitched on par with Woodruff and Burnes. That's a good 1-2-3 punch for the rotation.

Suter with a nice rebound outing after the last one.

Shaw and Narvaez with homers.

Yelich with a hit and a walk.

I don't think any serious fans are really concerned that Yelich 2020 is who we get from now on.

I do think that there's definitely legitimate concerns that while he'll get better, maybe his median is closer to the guy he was in Miami and not the guy competing for MVPs. Which is still a good player, but definitely not what you're hoping for when you invest the largest contract in franchise history.

Could it be that Yelich is simply off to a slow start just like 98% of the Brewers offense? Narvaez and Shaw are really the only two regulars doing well and even between those two, Narvaez is the only guy clearly en fuego. Shaw is getting a boost in our minds because of two timely, extra base hits, both of which nearly single handedly won games. In reality Shaw has "only" 3 hits and 1 walk but also has only started 3 of the 5 games so far with one pinch hitting appearance.

Between Narvaez and Shaw they've accounted for 11 RBI of the 15 total team runs scored.

So those two are tier 1, then there's a bit of a gap to tier 2. Yelich is right there at the top and I'd put Wong in there too. Yelich has scored 4 runs, has 4 hits (all singles), 2 walks and 1 HBP. Wong has scored 2 runs, has 2 hits (singles), 4 walks and 2 HBP.

I'll wager most of you haven't felt like Wong is one of the poor performers on the team, in fact the only comments I can anecdotally recall are ones that praise him. I agree, he's been better than most other guys on the team and Yelich is right there with him except he's a notch better.

Yelich is a lightning rod for criticism right now because he's former MVP Christian Yelich. And he struggled over the course of 60 games that comprised the baseball season in 2020 so everyone is anxious for evidence that it's not going to happen again. That's it. Otherwise, in more normal light, he's simply another member of this team that has struggled a bit with the bat to begin the season. Outside of 2 other players he's still the best performer on this team.

Carry on with the overreactions.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Do we have beef against Contreras? 2nd night hbp.

I don’t think so and I certainly don’t think that either HBP was on purpose this week, but McCalvy shared this and I guess I hadn’t realized the Brewers have now hit Contreras in 6 of the last 11 games in which they’ve faced him.

EyVvKkAXAAA_Qyx?format=jpg&name=small

That's awesome, but 7 of 12 will be better.

Archived