Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-05: Brewers (Anderson) at Cubs (Williams) [Brewers lose, 5-3 -- Offense limited to 4 hits while striking out 12 times]

Eye Black
It would be nice to get a lead in one of these games so our good relievers can actually get some work.

This is one of our good relievers.

Umm yeah I know. I meant so they don’t have to sit around a week. Hader will be in the same boat soon.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be nice to get a lead in one of these games so our good relievers can actually get some work.

This is one of our good relievers.

Umm yeah I know. I meant so they don’t have to sit around a week. Hader will be in the same boat soon.

Yeah Devin is rusty for sure. And we don't have much after Hader and Devin.

The command seems really shaky from Devin tonight. I guess that’s what can happen when you go a full week without throwing in a game situation.

Bigger issue is he had only 3 innings of work in the spring......just can’t get sharp that way.

Yelich is on the struggle bus, hell, he is actually driving it.

I hope he comes out of it before his head won't allow it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Community Moderator
Williams velocity seemed to be down too.......saw 1 at 97 but last fastball was only 93

According to Statcast he threw the 5 fastest pitches in this game, all above 96-mph. I think the only one that was 93 was the ball at Contreras’ head.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Community Moderator
Booing Yelich is stupid. Braun after 2013, I get it, but Yelich? Do we boo Anthony Rizzo at Miller Park?

I think they are doing that because of the whole incident with Yu Darvish... who... [checks notes]... now plays for the Padres.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

The thing we needed most was to have Yelich and Hiura hit this season. It's early, but worrying is justified after what we witnessed last year.

I believe that Hiura could end up being a bust, but I refuse to believe that Yelich is this bad.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

So top 3 all took 1st pitch strikes that inning. Just gross. 5 swings and misses later 3ks.(1foul ball) these are not upper 90s most tonight in upper 80s. I don't get how so bad vs BP velocity.

It is like the team listened to Braun on hitting advice. Never swing at the first pitch unless it is out of the zone.

Archived