Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-05: Brewers (Anderson) at Cubs (Williams) [Brewers lose, 5-3 -- Offense limited to 4 hits while striking out 12 times]

Eye Black
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don’t understand why we hire dudes that couldn’t hit to be HITTING coaches. Coles, Haines, I mean come on. When I heard Bonds was looking for a job, I was hoping we would look into it. Heck, any Hall of Famer that actually knows how to hit and what to do since they could do it themselves. How about Braun??

I really don’t understand why we hire dudes that couldn’t hit to be HITTING coaches. Coles, Haines, I mean come on. When I heard Bonds was looking for a job, I was hoping we would look into it. Heck, any Hall of Famer that actually knows how to hit and what to do since they could do it themselves. How about Braun??

This is actually interesting. It seems to happen in baseball quite a bit. You would think a guy who was not a very good hitter or pitcher would have not a ton of credibility when it comes to teaching the art. It is something that I wonder about but maybe the guys who are good can't really explain why they were good??

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

I'd settle for a dude who played professional baseball at this point.

This is actually interesting. It seems to happen in baseball quite a bit. You would think a guy who was not a very good hitter or pitcher would have not a ton of credibility when it comes to teaching the art. It is something that I wonder about but maybe the guys who are good can't really explain why they were good??

Fair point, I’ve wondered that too. I would have way more faith in a dude that has done it, could make adjustments, and continued to have a good career instead of these nobodies.

Archived