Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-03: Twins (Berrios) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers lose, 2-0 -- Burnes 6.1 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 11 SO; Offense manages just one hit]

Eye Black
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Well there goes the perfect game

bump

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

XT1oxcf.png
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Day 2 and my patience with Narvaez is already wearing thin.

His 2 for 5 with an RBI on Thursday not good enough? Tough crowd.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Pitch count is going to get Burnes before the Twins do.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Guessing Burnes has one more inning? I doubt they'd let him throw more than 100 pitches in his first start, right?

That's what I was just thinking. Narvaez was pretty dang good Thursday. And literally everybody has been not good today with the bat.

I honestly thought Pina would get the start today just because of that passed ball Narvaez never went after on Thursday.

I was almost hoping for Burnes to give up a 2 out hit. I don’t see any way he’s going to go 9 innings in his first start of the year, but I’m afraid there will be a temptation to leave him in too long.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Community Moderator
Guessing Burnes has one more inning? I doubt they'd let him throw more than 100 pitches in his first start, right?

That’s what I’m assuming (~100 pitches max), but I’m also glad I’m not in CC’s shoes if the game continues on like this.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Jorge Polanco and Orlando Arcia are the only two players that have not been retired by strikeout today. Arcia batting now.

Edit: Down to only Polanco now.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Burnes' two seamer is a joke. 97 with movement isn't even fair

His cutter is even ridiculouser.

Thank you for proving me right, Mr. Burnes.

I think what I'm calling a two seamer is actually his cutter. I will adjust accordingly.

I'm officially over the pitchers hit for themselves rule in the NL. It's dumb, it's always been dumb and I'm just realizing now that my prior opinion of liking it was just Stockholm syndrome that came prepackaged with my favorite team being placed in the NL.

Archived