Brewer Fanatic

MLB moving the All-Star Game

crossface21
I assume they’ll also move the Future’s Game to the new ASG host city, but I’m curious if the MLB Draft (which was supposed to be in Atlanta during the All-Star break) will move to the new host city or just default back to the old venue near the league offices.

Yes, "the whole smash" (name the movie) was moved...

Future's Game/ HR Derby/ Draft/ everything with the All Star game this year was moved....

great insight on what factors led to the decision. it culminated on a conference call with commissioner rob manfred and the executive council--eight mlb owners. mark attanasio is on said executive council, and evidently, provided counsel.

Based on that article it would make sense to eliminate any of the cities represented on the executive council. It's a bad look if the ASG ends up in any of those cities.

I'd like to see them just go to Tampa who has never hosted it. Are we even sure that stadiums will be at full capacity by then?

If they move it to Tampa and stadiums can be at full capacity by then it would be one of the very few times that stadium is full. The only time folks flock to that place is when the Rays are playing the Yankees or Red Sox.

I assume they’ll also move the Future’s Game to the new ASG host city, but I’m curious if the MLB Draft (which was supposed to be in Atlanta during the All-Star break) will move to the new host city or just default back to the old venue near the league offices.

Yes, "the whole smash" (name the movie) was moved...

Future's Game/ HR Derby/ Draft/ everything with the All Star game this year was moved....

Apollo 13 was the movie in question.

That said, I fear for the future of baseball now. Oh, I think it will survive, but I think that by the end of our lifetimes, the structure of professional baseball will have changed with these events.

Anytime the sports we love are politicalized, it's dangerous.

I miss the days when sports and politics were seperated.

Those days are long gone it seems.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived