Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-01 (Opening Day): Twins (Maeda) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 6-5 in 10 innings -- Comeback Crew scores 3 in 9th inning rally]

Eye Black
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Migod, how many baserunners have we stranded? Minnesota cashes them in. That's been the difference.

And while I get it, that LoCain is a great guy, and apparently a role model as a dad, after opting out last year, and watching that commercial with his sons again and again, to my dumb ass at least, it feels like that's where his head's at. Set, financially for life, dozens of times over, it seems like there's no way he plays in '22...maybe not even this summer.

Alright, can anyone beat this Opening Day hot take? Going once....going twice...

I thought this one was better:

"So if Narvaez can't hit anymore, and he makes such awkward positioning block ling balls in the dirt, why is he still here?"

What's wrong with that take?

Community Moderator
In others news, Eugenio Suarez already has two errors (one fielding, one throwing) through the first couple of innings of the experiment where the Reds play him as a shortstop now.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

You guys DO know that I l've posted angry, over-the-top hot-takes, consistently, for years at Brewerfan, as a therapeutic way of venting, yeah?

Beats kicking my dog....OK, my neighbor's dog.

My 52nd Opening Day as a Pilots/Brewers fan, and still no ring. I think I can be cut some slack.

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

You guys DO know that I l've posted angry, over-the-top hot-takes, consistently, for years at Brewerfan, as a therapeutic way of venting, yeah?

My 52nd Opening Day as a Pilots/Brewers fan, and still no ring. I think I can be cut some slack.

Prepare for lectures on how to think and post...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Yardley was crap in spring and he starts off the season the same way

All those great arms in the pen, but Yardley is going to get 70+ appearances. He's the new Claudio.

Yardley is going to find himself DFA'd real fast IMHO. He was terrible this spring and is not good enough to be bad for a long period of time without being shown the door.

:rolleyes

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Yardley was crap in spring and he starts off the season the same way

All those great arms in the pen, but Yardley is going to get 70+ appearances. He's the new Claudio.

Yardley is going to find himself DFA'd real fast IMHO. He was terrible this spring and is not good enough to be bad for a long period of time without being shown the door.

His good season last year is going to give him a longer leash than a guy with his underwhelming stuff deserves.

:rolleyes

Is extemporaneous venting, especially in an in-game thread, still allowed here?

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

Like I said before, expect lectures and judgement if you do.

Most are cool with it, a few are not...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Only if it’s directed at Arcia, Sogard, or Andy Haines. Since Sogard plays for the Cubs now it has to be directed at him only when he does something good.

Archived