Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-01 (Opening Day): Twins (Maeda) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 6-5 in 10 innings -- Comeback Crew scores 3 in 9th inning rally]

Eye Black
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it just me or do the Twins always seem to be a nightmare matchup for us? Seems like we always have a tough time against these guys.

They are really good. Good lineup, good pitching. Not sold on BP yet, but favored in the Central for a reason. Plus, Maeda owns the Crew.

Weirdly, I feel like the Brewers have a good shot at winning the series given the matchups, but they certainly could have asked for an easier opening series.

Is that correct what MA just said that we have the 4th most wins over the last 17 seasons behind the Dodgers, Red Sox, and Cardinals? I think I heard that right.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Is that correct what MA just said that we have the 4th most wins over the last 17 seasons behind the Dodgers, Red Sox, and Cardinals? I think I heard that right.

Without looking it up my gut feeling is not a chance. I mean they've only had a winning record in like half those seasons.

Without looking it up my gut feeling is not a chance. I mean they've only had a winning record in like half those seasons.

Right? It just doesn’t sound realistic to me. I might’ve misheard too.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewers are actually 11th in wins since the start of 2005. They are tied with Philly at 1262 and a flurry of teams are closely behind by less than 20 games over that span.

I think he heard a different stat and totally misinterpreted it. For instance I think we rank pretty highly in the last 4 years or something. Maybe he misunderstood that stat or accidently just mixed up the two right there.

Shaw with a very good at bat there. Awesome to see.

Damn. A good inning racking up the pitches but wish Cain had busted this one open a bit.

Nice path to the ball, LoCain. And some poor at bats. Maybe he'll play 4 games this year, before opting out.

By the way, Sophia is foin. New Nose or Classic Nose, I'm in.

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

The run prevention unit isn't off to a very good start. A bad block by Narvaez costs one run and a bad jump by Cain costs another. Cain looks noticeably off, both in the field and at the plate.

Archived