Brewer Fanatic

2021-04-01 (Opening Day): Twins (Maeda) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 6-5 in 10 innings -- Comeback Crew scores 3 in 9th inning rally]

Eye Black
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
1-0 always more fun than 0-1

I believe it’s the first time over .500 since 2019.

That’s correct, first time as an above .500 ball club since the end of the 2019 regular season.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Nice path to the ball, LoCain. And some poor at bats. Maybe he'll play 4 games this year, before opting out.

By the way, Sophia is foin. New Nose or Classic Nose, I'm in.

Welcome back, Geno! Good to have you here.

What a game! What a long game. Couple takeaways. Wong looks like a great addition and loved him at the top of the order. Really had nice at bats. Yelich looks like himself and that’s good. Man I hope Shaw can be close to his old self. Great to see him get off to a good start. Hader was throwing some serious smoke tonight. Cain looks rusty but still put some good at bats together. I think he will be fine after a couple weeks. Only has a few games under his belt this year. We had runners on but didn’t capitalize like we could have. Got a little lucky at the end but then made them pay. Great opener and I’m so glad baseball is back.

I know it's only one game, but it was good to be reminded of just how valuable Hader is to us and I'm glad we didn't sell him for the current market rate on his trade value because he's simply worth more to us than that.

You could argue that the extra innings ghost runner rule makes guys like Williams and Hader more valuable.

Peralta is another one of those guys. I can't help but wonder if he's going to find his way back to the pen just on the sin of being too valuable there to start him.

Just watched the game, wow was that offense much more fun to watch! Now THAT is a great collection of players to watch! It was good to see multi hit games from Garcia, Narvaez, and Shaw today. Man did that double for Shaw in the 9th sure had to have been a massive confidence booster for him and will help him settle in for his second stint in Milwaukee!

Also the Cubs lost to the Pirates at Wrigley. Pirates had 9 hits and 11 walks against Kyle Hendricks and 7 relievers, while the Cubs mustered 2 hits and 4 walks.

From everything I've been reading about this season's predictions most of the "experts" don't think the Cubs are gonna be very good this year. It brings a tear to my eye.

Let the 162 - 0 season commence!

I still have my 1987 shirt.

I’ve like just about everything. The jerseys, the Am Fam logo, the chalet, etc... but that Bally sports Wisconsin logo just doesn’t look right.

Seeing the Bally's logo makes me want to grab my gym bag and go back to 1995 to work out at the gym.

I like the score bar thingy at the bottom of the screen. Very easy to read.

Except for the "outs" count. Prefer a digit over a graphic.

Did Sophia get a nose job? She looks differemt, and I think it's her nose...

Agreed. Also, the hair.

Am I the only one still upset that we traded Nelson Cruz for Kevin freakin Mench?

No. Even at the time we knew that throw-in was unnneccessary.

My 52nd Opening Day as a Pilots/Brewers fan, and still no ring.

You were a Pilots fan?

Archived