Brewer Fanatic

No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?

rickh150
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once they can resume games at full capacity, there are ways that they can resume ticket promotions, like the BP tickets, digitally if they want to. They’ll most likely be via digital means (like part of an app) or having some online account where you enter your receipt’s transaction ID. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this as I believe a large part of the Brewers revenue is in-stadium spend so they’ll still want to get people in the door.

Community Moderator

Hypothetically, how would one even buy tickets without a smartphone? Is that still a thing? Does 902-4000 still work?

I don’t even carry my wallet sometimes since everything is on my phone now...cash is gone and even physical credit cards are barely necessary anymore.

There are actually tickets available to most/all games other than opening day. That is shocking to me. I fully expected all tickets to be gobbled up by season ticket holders, and only available for a fortune through the secondary market.

Edit: I'm old and just ordered tixs for two games, so far, on my mobile phone. Didn't even need the facebook.

I had family members buy opening day tickets on Friday when they went on sale to general public. So if you were quick, you had a shot at some.

Hypothetically, how would one even buy tickets without a smartphone? Is that still a thing? Does 902-4000 still work?

Don't know about buying tickets via phone call, but I almost exclusively buy sporting event tickets via a computer and not my phone. I like to do a lot of comparing available tickets in different seats, for different games, using different ticket services, etc., and that all becomes very clunky on a phone. The fact that I work at a job where I'm used to a three monitor desktop setup probably doesn't help, lol, but I just can't get used to not having as many tabs and screens open in front of me at the same time when researching things.

This seems like something that will absolutely be a non-issue come May. Ok, since its limited capacity to start, maybe come July.

As some have said, its already been trending this way. Bucks games, concerts, Brewers playoff games...

Is anyone truly NOT going to a game because they have to use a digital ticket?

I get wanting to have a paper ticket. I am one of those people that keeps most of his ticket stubs. They are all in shoeboxes to one day be tossed by my kids, wondering why I held on to them.

But in the end, people will adapt. It will be easier for some than others, but no one will be denied entrance because they have a ticket and can't figure out the digital aspect.

I'm not a fan of the system they have to buy single game tickets. You can't even see what section it will be until you go to your shopping cart to check out. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing until they get past limited attendance.

The teams/venues that actually let you see the seat map, and then click on the exact seats that you want is so nice. There are a lot of little factors I look at when picking seats. Just clicking on "infield" and then not knowing anything about section, row, or seat until checkout sucks. From what I could tell, there's no way to even pick 1st or 3rd base side if you were going to a day game where the sun is a factor.

One issue that would effect a limited number of people with only allowing paperless tickets is that some, like my wife, have a work paid phone where they are not allowed to download non-approved apps. My wife never goes to a game with someone other than me using our tickets, so not a huge issue for us, but when we both go, I need to present both the tickets on my phone. My own (and I'm sure unreasonable) paranoia with having to use my phone to present tickets is that I'm worried that I will not be able to get a connection or my phone will freeze up or something.

Btw - the video the Brewers put out regarding the protocols and what to expect at home games this year, reminded me of this quirky video from several years ago (that I only know about because of Brewerfan and someone posting it in off topic at the time).

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Actually, one of the biggest problems is one person having all the tickets on one phone. I have ran into it before where I had to go rescue my wife because they wouldn't let her to our field level seats one game because she didn't have the ticket on her phone. Yah, you can send them the ticket or a picture of the ticket...not a big deal if you have a smart phone. However, not really going to work on a flip phone or if you don't have a phone with you at all. Younger kids that are old enough to go out on their own, but not old enough to have a smart phone would also be a notable group that wouldn't have any proof of where they are suppose to sit.

I'm not a fan of the system they have to buy single game tickets. You can't even see what section it will be until you go to your shopping cart to check out. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing until they get past limited attendance.

This has always been the case for Brewers pre-sales so that wasn't surprising...unfortunately it looks like the Brewers were too lazy to change things back to the normal way once the pre sales were done. Other teams are still doing it where you can pick any seat. Oh well, I can't say the Brewers handling of everything since COVID has been overly impressive anyway.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I just don't like the idea that you have to buy this extra piece of 3rd party technology to do a thing that didn't require said technology before. I get making it an option, I get encouraging people to do it, but from a service standpoint, they should allow someone to use cash and a paper ticket if they want. Am I going to stop going to games because of it? No. But it's mildly annoying particularly for people like my dad that has a flip phone and just learned how to text message. People on this site used to scream bloody murder when games weren't broadcast in HD. There is less uproar about this policy change.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

This has always been the case for Brewers pre-sales so that wasn't surprising...unfortunately it looks like the Brewers were too lazy to change things back to the normal way once the pre sales were done. Other teams are still doing it where you can pick any seat. Oh well, I can't say the Brewers handling of everything since COVID has been overly impressive anyway.

Some of this may be due to the limited amount of tickets. Only 11K fans per game and they are broken up into different "pods" of 2 seats, 3 seats, 4 seats, etc. If only want two tickets, that rules out any pods that have 3 or more seats. Your choices are limited based on the number of seats you are looking for. There may be 4,000 seats available, but only 500 of them may apply to you based on the number of seats you are looking for. Then when you narrow that down to the seat price level you are looking for, that limits even more (maybe down to 200). So I'm guessing that may be one of the reasons they didn't feel the need for people to be able to choose their exact seat location and defaulting to "best available" based on your chosen number of tickets and general location was sufficient.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Some of this may be due to the limited amount of tickets. Only 11K fans per game and they are broken up into different "pods" of 2 seats, 3 seats, 4 seats, etc. If only want two tickets, that rules out any pods that have 3 or more seats. Your choices are limited based on the number of seats you are looking for. There may be 4,000 seats available, but only 500 of them may apply to you based on the number of seats you are looking for. Then when you narrow that down to the seat price level you are looking for, that limits even more (maybe down to 200). So I'm guessing that may be one of the reasons they didn't feel the need for people to be able to choose their exact seat location and defaulting to "best available" based on your chosen number of tickets and general location was sufficient.

Yep, exactly this. I had an e-mail talk with my ticket rep and he said this is the way they had to do it, so first you select your number of seats & type of seat you want (terrace box, for example) then you get the best available for that seat amount & seat location.

"Choose your location" via the seat map will come back once they are back to full capacity.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Can anyone share a link to where it's stated that they won't be allowing you to print off tickets at home? Doesn't the app just display a QR code anyways? Doesn't seem like there's any reason to discontinue printing your own tickets. If this was just a misinterpretation and they're just saying they won't be providing printed tickets, but you can still print your own at home, that would probably solve many of the issues people are concerned about.

Can anyone share a link to where it's stated that they won't be allowing you to print off tickets at home? Doesn't the app just display a QR code anyways? Doesn't seem like there's any reason to discontinue printing your own tickets. If this was just a misinterpretation and they're just saying they won't be providing printed tickets, but you can still print your own at home, that would probably solve many of the issues people are concerned about.

It is not an option when checking out and is not an option in your ticket account. I do not think it is possible, period.

When I used to live in Milwaukee about a decade or so ago I would always buy from the stadium to avoid fees and it didn't take much time since I drove my the stadium every day. Now living in Madison if they want to go this route it doesn't really impact me. I tried reading most of this thread but did the Brewers actually say you can't buy physical tickets if you go to the ticket window on game day?

Yep, exactly this. I had an e-mail talk with my ticket rep and he said this is the way they had to do it, so first you select your number of seats & type of seat you want (terrace box, for example) then you get the best available for that seat amount & seat location.

"Choose your location" via the seat map will come back once they are back to full capacity.

They didn't 'have to' do it that way, other teams are allowing it and other teams at least let you pick the section. Actually I just looked through about 10 teams and not a single one I looked at didn't at least let you pick the section. The Brewers also could figure out a promotional schedule and announce it for at least April...but again, they opt not to while other teams have.

When I used to live in Milwaukee about a decade or so ago I would always buy from the stadium to avoid fees and it didn't take much time since I drove my the stadium every day. Now living in Madison if they want to go this route it doesn't really impact me. I tried reading most of this thread but did the Brewers actually say you can't buy physical tickets if you go to the ticket window on game day?

No, it says you can go to the ticket window if for whatever reason mobile tickets is an issue. I am guessing you would get some type of physical ticket...I am guessing anyone buying on gameday would probably also get a physical ticket. The later I don't know for sure though.

Seems a reasonable compromise. I believe the Badgers still allow sealed water as a carry-in, for football at least.

I mean it was either that or giving away free water somehow. The water fountains are probably going to be taped off and forcing people to buy $6 bottled water would be pretty terrible.

Archived